By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: All new Crash Bandicoot game in the works

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/rumour_crash_bandicoot_might_be_returning_in_a_completely_new_game

Two prominent leakers have posted that a new Crash game is coming following the success of the N.Sane Trilogy, while the appearance of an all-new mask alongside Coco in a recent Playstation advert adds fuel to the fire.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but I for one hope it's true, and that it makes its way to the Switch much as the N.Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing did.

Around the Network

There's been hints on Sony ads of a new Crash. Will probably be a PS5 launch title with a 6/12 month exclusivity. Obviously just speculation on my part.

twintail said:
Theres a unique crash design on buses in the UK atm, advertiaing the PS brand.
I wonderif there is a connection. Maybe not bur you never know

Also a new ad from Sony makes the rounds on YouTube have sparked rumors. 

Could turn out pretty damn good if they let Vicarious work on it, and if they keep the gameplay mechanics of the original crash games.

CTR is doing amazing and they are still updating the game with characters and tracks, Don't know if it will be exclusive because the games tend to do well around every platform, based on the leaderboards they still have around 40% of the players compared to the launch month.

Around the Network

Well this is good news, I need me some new Crash Bandicoot.
Now if we could get a new Suikoden, Vagrant Story, Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Resistance, Breath of Fire, Castlevania and Ogre Battle, that'd be great.

It'll probably do decent sales but I think the N. Sane trilogy did so well because of nostalgia. The series and the mascot platformer in general lost popularity during the 6th gen. I'll keep an eye out.

Jpcc86 said:
Well this is good news, I need me some new Crash Bandicoot.
Now if we could get a new Suikoden, Vagrant Story, Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Resistance, Breath of Fire, Castlevania and Ogre Battle, that'd be great.

Konami is mostly about pachinko now,with a crappy game now and then so i do not think they have it in them to make a worthy new Suikoden. :(

Vagrant story and Parasite eve are possibilities yes but square enix is already so damn slow with the recurring IP's they're working on.

The plot thickens; apparently this comes from the same source that was right about the N.Sane Trilogy and CTR:

Man, I'm trying sooo hard not to get hyped right now, in case it's not real or it's a PS5 exclusive or something, (I can see Sony writing Activision a massive cheque to secure it as a system seller for their new console) but the original Crash games were such a huge part of my childhood that I can't help but feel excited. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 November 2019

Announcement next month eh? Let's see it