Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happened to the Pokemon Spinoffs?

Tagged games:

What's your favourite Pokemon spinoff?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 9 37.50%

Pokemon Ranger 2 8.33%

Pokemon Snap 5 20.83%

Pokemon Stadium & Battle Revolution 2 8.33%

Pokemon Colisseum & XD Gale of Darkness 4 16.67%

Pokemon Trading Card Game 2 8.33%

Pokemon Rumble 0 0.00%

Pokemon Pinball 0 0.00%

Pokemon Conquest 0 0.00%

Pokemon puzzle games (Puzzle, Picross...) 0 0.00%

Total:24
MasonADC said:
Poke park isnt in the polls, the true best Pokémon spinoffs

Yes. Fully evolved Pokemon eagerly awaiting to be chased by a Pikachu was a sight to behold.

Around the Network

I can't see any good spinoffs being made ever again sadly. Mystery Dungeon's last great game was EoS more than a decade ago and Conquest was the last good one more than 7 years ago.

The cynic in me says that GF doesn't want the spinoffs to overshadow the main games, and now that GO has proven the cost benefits of mobile, I don't think they'll be coming back to console.

What I wouldn't give for another Mystery Dungeon as great as EoS or a Fire Emblem/Pokemon TRPG crossover though.

Xxain said:
MasonADC said:
Poke park isnt in the polls, the true best Pokémon spinoffs

Yes. Fully evolved Pokemon eagerly awaiting to be chased by a Pikachu was a sight to behold.

Truly the pinnacle of a Pokémon spinoff 

Pokemon Snap!

Hopefully Nintendo will license it off to Activision so we can get Cabela's Pokemon BANG!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

With the arrival of the franchise to home consoles it'd be very convenient for fans if they released and updated/upgraded version of collosseum, that was always my favorite spinoff, you could use your game data from S/Sh. If they wanna get a bit bold, they could add certain game features that rewarded you with pokemon not included in S/Sh that you could transfer.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 19 November 2019

Around the Network

I would'nt be surprised to see Spike Chunsoft make another Mystery Dungeon sooner than most people would think. It has to happen at some point. Otherwise, we got confirmation of Detective Pikachu Part 2 so there's that at least.

Honestly, I don't know what else I would want from the franchise. A new strategy game à la Conquest ? Why not.
Warriors Pokémon Spin-off ? It could work ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I’d love a good mystery dungeon and a Pokémon Snap, I loved both those spin offs so much, mystery dungeon got shitty with its last couple games though. So I’d really only like to see it if they were more like the original games Red rescue/blue rescue/explorers of time/darkness and explorers of sky.