By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Racer, Platformer, Fighter, Shooter. Has Nintendo ever lost a gen?

Answer - No.

Prove me wrong.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

Answer - No.

Prove me wrong.

Is this like a riddle?

I wish they would lose more. I want their games on PC.

It terms of quality? That's subjective.

In terms of sales? Several times.

Uh...could you repeat the question?

Around the Network

Ikaruga/MUSHA & Panzer Dragoon > Starfox (I like Starfox a lot) Hell, most 90s shoot em ups are. I even put Astebreed a modern one over it.
Shining Force III is still better than any FE and I like FE.
They have never done anything as cool as Yakuza or Shenmue.
They have never done Mecha games as well as SEGA or From Software. Virtual On. Armored Core. Ranger X. Metal Wolf Chaos. Frame Gride. Custom Robo is neat and all but Nah. Nowhere close.
SEGA made the better beat em up games. Streets of Rage. Guardian Heroes. Same with Konami & Capcom. TMNT arcade. Dungeon & Dragons. SNK made my fave ever in Sengoku 2
Run N Gun. Gunstar Heroes. Assault Suit Leynos. Metal Warriors. Contra.
Twin Stick Shooter. Nex Machina.
I will give them Stylish action as I love Astral Chain and Bayo 2. I could argue Metal Gear Rising or DMC5 but I consider Bayo 2 still the best ever.
TPS goes to VanQuish and Binary Domain.
F2P Warframe.
Does Nintendo have Stealth games?
Fighting. I like Smash. I like ARMS but SF, Soul Cal, Virtua Fighter. Smash is not an original idea either. Fighters MegaMix or in Gameplay The Outfoxies. Or in that kinda game. Power Stone is more fun for me. Almost any 90s fighter or VF game are better pure fighting games. Esp from Capcom and SNK.

I can debate that Transformed is better than MK8. I love MK8. I think MK is the best Kart series as remaining consistent.
You can debate on Wipeout vs F-Zero as both are great. But the best F-Zero is GX by SEGA and the studio who now makes Yakuza.
Daytona USA still one of the best ever.

As for regular RPGs. Earthbound and Xenoblade are games/ series I adore but people can debate this easily from Falcoms RPGs like Ys or Trails of or Xanadu to Square/Enix anything to any of them from the SNES and PS1 era. Phantasy Star is up there.

Nintendo is not the first with the Pokemon concept. Shin Megami Tensei series and it's still a better series. Now I am not saying the Digimon franchise is better but Cybersleuth is better than any recent Pokemon game.

Let me be clear. Nintendo makes amazing games. I enjoy a lot of them and their systems. I fucking love the Switch and SNES esp. Just the idea they are better than anyone I don't agree with.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Could the last threads of VGChartz before its demise at least be comprehensible, please?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

They do have the best platformers.

Already wrong with the first word. Switch is the weakest platform for racing games.

You have Mario Kart, CTR, Grid Autosport, and Fast RMX, as the only real quality racing games on switch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

What do you want to count Uncharted as, a platformer or a shooter?