Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jedi: Fallen Order Discussion.

I am...

Loving Fallen Order 3 21.43%

Enjoyig Fallen Order 2 14.29%

Middle of the road 1 7.14%

Disliking Fallen Order 0 0.00%

Hating Fallen Order 0 0.00%

Other/Havn't played 2 14.29%

Fuck EA 6 42.86%

Total:14
Angelus said:
John2290 said:

I'm trying really hard not to hate this game. It's getting more leeway than most but too often it's like the level designers didn't play the game or the QA team was miniscule.

It's almost as if the game took control off of me but the reason for this nonsesne is animations getting in the way and pulling the camera and controls like a magnet away from me. It is so frustrating and not the first time it has happened to me. 

I see the adjustment, coming off Death Stranding, back to something that involves more than walking is proving rather difficult for you. Maybe you'd get on better if you just pretend that little droid on your back needs to be delivered to someone on the other side of that gap?

I'm already roleplaying as Cal Porter Bridges.

Honestly though, this really is the games animations moving the camera and taking over control, it's hard to convey on video but put that controller in your hand and you'll know what i mean.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Angelus said:

I see the adjustment, coming off Death Stranding, back to something that involves more than walking is proving rather difficult for you. Maybe you'd get on better if you just pretend that little droid on your back needs to be delivered to someone on the other side of that gap?

Honestly though, this really is the games animations moving the camera and taking over control, it's hard to convey on video but put that controller in your hand and you'll know what i mean.

Whateeeever you say pal

I'm sure I'll get around to playing it at some point, but I can't say I'm in a particular rush to do so. 

shikamaru317 said:

Almost done with the game now, just the final mission and collectible mop-up remains for me. Unless the ending is terrible I will probably give it an 8.8/10. It's the 3rd best game I've played this year after KH3 and The Outer Worlds:

Pros

• Great story and characters
  • Great graphics, art design, and music
  • Fun platforming
  • Best lightsaber customization of any Star Wars game to date (though I would have liked a few more blade color options, KOTOR 2 still remains at the top in terms of blade color options)
  • 2nd best saber combat of any Star Wars game after Jedi Academy

Cons

• Not the biggest fan of the Souls influences that went into the design, though it is at least easier than other Souls-likes, thanks to multiple difficulty tiers
  • Lack of fast travel combined with not all collectible types showing up on the regional map completion checklist, make collectible hunting a real drag
  • Clothing customization is lackluster, it's all just recolors of the base outfit and poncho
  • A few minor bugs, mainly graphical (hair moving in odd ways, lighting engine issues), fell through the world once forcing me to restart the game and respawn at the last checkpoint  

I've fallen through the world no less than ten times, there is an ironic joke there sonewhere. 

China Numba wan!!

Angelus said:
John2290 said:

Whateeeever you say pal

I'm sure I'll get around to playing it at some point, but I can't say I'm in a particular rush to do so. 

Wait til they patch it and out the GoTY gold triple tier edition or whatever the fuck they call finished games these days. It's not exactly broken buy it feels far from actually finished. 

China Numba wan!!

Chazore said:
I was honestly mildly interested in this game during it's first showing, but after finding out that it's basically SW infused with DS, I've since been put off getting the game entirely. I just don't like DS mechanics being tossed into any sort of game. I'd love for Respawn's next SW game (or any in general) to take a Force Unleashed approach, because to me, that game and it's sequel were what I looked for in Star Wars combat. Even Battlefront I-II had me enjoying their combat mechanics.

Do you even play games anymore Chazore?

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Chazore said:
I was honestly mildly interested in this game during it's first showing, but after finding out that it's basically SW infused with DS, I've since been put off getting the game entirely. I just don't like DS mechanics being tossed into any sort of game. I'd love for Respawn's next SW game (or any in general) to take a Force Unleashed approach, because to me, that game and it's sequel were what I looked for in Star Wars combat. Even Battlefront I-II had me enjoying their combat mechanics.

Do you even play games anymore Chazore?

I do indeedy. Been playing Deep Rock Galactic, Starbound, Terminator Resistance, CoD WWII, RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, REmake 2 etc. 

I just love my action based games, and action based RPG games, just not games that emulate DS. 

John2290 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Almost done with the game now, just the final mission and collectible mop-up remains for me. Unless the ending is terrible I will probably give it an 8.8/10. It's the 3rd best game I've played this year after KH3 and The Outer Worlds:

Pros

• Great story and characters
  • Great graphics, art design, and music
  • Fun platforming
  • Best lightsaber customization of any Star Wars game to date (though I would have liked a few more blade color options, KOTOR 2 still remains at the top in terms of blade color options)
  • 2nd best saber combat of any Star Wars game after Jedi Academy

Cons

• Not the biggest fan of the Souls influences that went into the design, though it is at least easier than other Souls-likes, thanks to multiple difficulty tiers
  • Lack of fast travel combined with not all collectible types showing up on the regional map completion checklist, make collectible hunting a real drag
  • Clothing customization is lackluster, it's all just recolors of the base outfit and poncho
  • A few minor bugs, mainly graphical (hair moving in odd ways, lighting engine issues), fell through the world once forcing me to restart the game and respawn at the last checkpoint  

I've fallen through the world no less than ten times, there is an ironic joke there sonewhere. 

It only happened to me once. I was trying to wall run on top of a frozen piston on the auger section of the Zeffo world, and somehow I glitched beside the piston, which then shoved me through a wall when it fired and sent me through the bottom of the map. 

As for the camera issues on the rope swinging in your video, I've seen you and several others struggle with that, including Davis in the Star Wars New Canon bookclub let's play of the game that I'm watching, but I can't personally say that I ever had any noteworthy issues with the rope swinging or other aspects of the platforming in my playthrough. I missed jumps or ropes a few times, but not enough to affect my enjoyment of the game. 

John2290 said:
Angelus said:

Whateeeever you say pal

Wait til they patch it and out the GoTY gold triple tier edition or whatever the fuck they call finished games these days. It's not exactly broken buy it feels far from actually finished. 

I do think that the game will be much better after patching. Hopefully they listen to the people begging for fast travel between meditation points and counters for all collectible types on the map checklist. Hopefully it gets some DLC as well. I only rented it for this playthrough, if they release DLC and then an eventual GOTY edition, I will buy it for sure to replay it. 

John2290 said:

I'm trying really hard not to hate this game. It's getting more leeway than most but too often it's like the level designers didn't play the game or the QA team was miniscule.

It's almost as if the game took control off of me but the reason for this nonsesne is animations getting in the way and pulling the camera and controls like a magnet away from me. It is so frustrating and not the first time it has happened to me. 

Nah that's just an extremely difficult part of the game. But so it does suck?

shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:

I do think that the game will be much better after patching. Hopefully they listen to the people begging for fast travel between meditation points and counters for all collectible types on the map checklist. Hopefully it gets some DLC as well. I only rented it for this playthrough, if they release DLC and then an eventual GOTY edition, I will buy it for sure to replay it. 

I think the best they will give is fast travel from the mantis and back buy that would seriously fuck up some parts of the game. Perhaps a good alternative would be to allow fast travel after you've 100% unlocked a holomap. Either way it would take them a fuck ton of work to implement that as they would have to adjust so much around it. 

China Numba wan!!