By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Just Dance 2020 sells more on Wii than PS4/Xbox One

At least here in Florida retirement communities use the wii to get old people moving. 

Around the Network

I'm almost tempted to pick it up, just for the sake of owning the last Wii game, lulz.

I still have my Wii hooked up to the TV, long after the Wii U's been packed away. 

A proof that wii wasn't really collecting dust and was abandoned prematurely, just because sales stopped being astronomical and went to normal heights, Nintendo panicked or something else...
Wii could have sold more than what wii u sold in two years, in 2013...

Last edited by tak13 - on 12 November 2019

Just Dance ignored the Wii U just like everyone else did. Also, I never saw new Wii games for sale. What store goes around and buys new Wii games? Do they put it in the Wii section?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Wow, not bad for a 13 year old console that was already somewhat dated with its hardware heh. But I suppose that sort of game fits the Wii style/audience far more than that of the PS4/XB One. Good to know the last Wii game ever is going out with a bang XD

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

A bit surprised that PS4 version started outselling the Xbox One version. Kinect discontinuation probably killed any interest in the game on Xbox platforms.

But the hardcore gamers told me that everyone's Wii's were collecting dust since 2008.

This tells volumes about why the Wii was such a fad when it came out. It was mostly bought to be used in party situations with friends and family, bringing in a lot of casuals.

Ka-pi96 said:
That just suggests to me that the Just Dance series is pretty dead now.

I was surprised last week to know they will include a Belgian song in Just dance especially when it is in Dutch.

Looked it up and saw it is only the Benelux version that will get the song and Just dance Ultimate subscribers.

I had to look it up but if you subscribe (30$ a year) you get all regional songs + from older games (surpassed 500 songs).

Apparently they have a lot of subscribers.

tak13 said:

A proof that wii wasn't really collecting dust and was abandoned prematurely, just because sales stopped being astronomical and went to normal heights, Nintendo panicked or something else...
Wii could have sold more than what wii u sold in two years, in 2013...

yeah. Nintendo abandoned wii in 2011, it's known.