By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

A bunch of easy hints:

36 - You can eat dolphins in the japanese version of this a-ma-zing 1991 game.

35 - Arguably - Squaresoft's best FF spinoff. - Vague hint, but obvious answer. 

34 - Sixth entry of a classic RPG series that came out for the SNES and you switch between 2 worlds during the game... And its not FF6. 

33 - Take heart, give heart. 

32 - You might think you are doing the world good by killing some monsters. You are wrong. 

31 - "Well, let's see here... I ruined my marriage. Drove my best friend away. Got two psychos and their army after me. And now my brother's gone missing. But, on the bright side, there's no one around to tell me I'm an idiot."

30 - Despite all the virtues and ideas that make this game great, weapon storage and durability is not one of them. 

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

A bunch of easy hints:

36 - You can eat dolphins in the japanese version of this a-ma-zing 1991 game. Super Mario World

Final Fantasy Tactics

34 - Sixth entry of a classic RPG series that came out for the SNES and you switch between 2 worlds during the game... And its not FF6.

Dragon Quest VI 

33 - Take heart, give heart. Ni no Kuni

32 - You might think you are doing the world good by killing some monsters. You are wrong. Undertale

30 - Despite all the virtues and ideas that make this game great, weapon storage and durability is not one of them. Breath of the Wild

Jpcc86 said:

A bunch of easy hints:

36 - You can eat dolphins in the japanese version of this a-ma-zing 1991 game.

33 - Take heart, give heart. 

32 - You might think you are doing the world good by killing some monsters. You are wrong. 

31 - "Well, let's see here... I ruined my marriage. Drove my best friend away. Got two psychos and their army after me. And now my brother's gone missing. But, on the bright side, there's no one around to tell me I'm an idiot."

30 - Despite all the virtues and ideas that make this game great, weapon storage and durability is not one of them. 

I agree with SanAndreasX above me with most, and I wouldn’t know about some of the others, except for #34.

I think 34 could also be Secret of Mana.

My next batch of games:

27. First in a series of cockfighting/dogfighting sims

26. A boy and his dog battle an alcoholic lizard

25. A re-defining game in its series and an enduring classic even though I liked its successors in the next console generation a lot better.

24. The fifth in a series of dating sims with mecha and the only game of its series to be localized so far, many years after its release.

Unguessed

A life changing game for me was 'A Link to the Past'. It was the first Zelda game I played, and it immediately cemented the series as my favorite video game series of all time. As a kid I didn't really care for video games, while my cousin and his mother, my aunt, loved them. My aunt had gotten herself a Super Nintendo and moved her old NES upstairs for me and my cousin to play, whenever he managed to convince me to play Duck Hunt  (#47) with him. One faithful day, just as wanted to go home, which was one street over, my aunt called me into the living room saying she wanted to show me something. She started a new game for me, and what I saw was utterly mindblowing. After a foreboding intro accompanied by ominous music the game starts. As as I moved the green cladded character out of the house, it was a dark, rainy world filled with knights in armour and a big castle. I don't think I ever spoke a single world, as I was in awe. In the following years when I became better and better at games, I obviously managed to understand and eventually beat this game, and it never got any less amazing after that rainy prologue. Without 'A Link to the Past', I wouldn't have been here.

Around the Network

I thought someone would guess that I was talking about the Flute Boy in the Haunted Grove in my hint. Maybe it was too hard after all...

#28: A popular trope in media is the so-called "MacGuffin'. This is, usually, an artefact of power that's sought after by a story's characters. In this case, the MacGuffin is a sword. Sadly there's also a second sword; an "Artifact of Doom".

SanAndreasX said:
Jpcc86 said:

A bunch of easy hints:

36 - You can eat dolphins in the japanese version of this a-ma-zing 1991 game. Super Mario World

Final Fantasy Tactics

Dragon Quest VI 

33 - Take heart, give heart. Ni no Kuni

32 - You might think you are doing the world good by killing some monsters. You are wrong. Undertale

30 - Despite all the virtues and ideas that make this game great, weapon storage and durability is not one of them. Breath of the Wild

Number 32 is wrong, but the rest is correct! guess they were indeed easy after all. :P

S.Peelman said:

I agree with SanAndreasX above me with most, and I wouldn’t know about some of the others, except for #34.

He is right about it being DQVI tho. Secret of Mana is not the sixth entry in that series. :P

Jpcc86 said:
SanAndreasX said:

Number 32 is wrong, but the rest is correct! guess they were indeed easy after all. :P

S.Peelman said:

He is right about it being DQVI tho. Secret of Mana is not the sixth entry in that series. :P

Cr*p I meant 35. The FF spin-off, but I guess he was right on that as well.

#29 - The blue bomber now with a lot of upgrades.

Hint 2: The main character's name is a synonym for walking. 

Hint 2: This is the fourth entry in the series.