By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SPOILERS --- There is so many leaks for pokemon sword and shield and i am getting depressed ----SPOILERS

K98632 said:
Really? Some of these leaks have made me more excited for the game tbh. I'm not completely down about the entire dex situation, because I've always felt it was unrealistic to have so many different pokemon living wild in a certain region.

That's where you draw the line on realism with these games? Not electric rodents and ice cream that shoots laser beams?

Around the Network

Personally I’ve been team Sobble since the beginning and I love Intellion’s design.

Spoiler!

The spy theme is great and I love that he shoots bubbles out of a finger gun.

I don’t like Cinderace much though, and my sister, who was team Scorbunny, also doesn’t like Cinderace. The big disappointment for me with all 3 of them is that none of them are dual type, I prefer dual type starters. Wasted opportunity making them all single type.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 November 2019

If that's legit...

That'll be 2 gens in a row where they've screwed over the water starter. Why do you hate water Gamefreak? But hey, at least the grass starter look awesome!

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 02 November 2019

Cinderace is literally the worst pokemon ever envisioned. Rillaboom is good, and Gex is eh, but has a bit of appeal. I dig most of the new Pokemon and especially Galarian Farfetch'd though.

K98632 said:
Really? Some of these leaks have made me more excited for the game tbh. I'm not completely down about the entire dex situation, because I've always felt it was unrealistic to have so many different pokemon living wild in a certain region.

I agree with this! I actually liked gen 5 since it was new Pokemon only, seemed so much better to me and I really wish they'd kept that up. Have like 75%+ new Pokemon with maybe just a few from previous gens mixed in here and there. Lately they've been having way too many previous gen Pokemon in the new regions and I think it just dilutes the experience of having a new region.

Plus, as you said it's definitely unrealistic. Just look at the real world, how many animals are actually shared by different countries, especially countries that are no where near each other, or those that are islands (which is most of the Pokemon regions actually). Even those that are shared are often different still, so regional forms were a great addition, just wish they'd come sooner and not been exclusively for gen 1 Pokemon before.

Around the Network
K98632 said:

You can have all Pokemon in the game even if they're not all obtainable from the wild. The rest you can't capture in game you can get via transferring or trading... well not anymore.

I think both Fire and Water look awful, so I guess I'll have to go with Grass.

I am currently sigless.

The only one I like is the grass one (I don't mind its SSJ3-esque hair :p).

These designs are all horible, among the worst of the series' history. Their poor models make them look even more awful, and no shoehorned Gigantmax or whatever forced feature will ever fix that. Will keep insisting that Pokémon needs an urgent, full overhaul.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

burninmylight said:
K98632 said:

That's where you draw the line on realism with these games? Not electric rodents and ice cream that shoots laser beams?

Yes.

Systems I own: Switch, Wii U, Wii, N64, Retron 5 for my Ness, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy line games, Dreamcast, PS2, New 3DS.