By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding coming to PC summer 2020

John2290 said:
Bit sickening they would announce this before the game releases on PS4 considering all sony did for Kojima and KJP. Really bad taste but Kojima is ozzing himself in bad taste lately.

Let's see how this will play out and if Sony will buy the studio or not. Because I doubt even Kojima being as respected as he is that if Sony didn't basically sustained the studio from the day he left Konami that he would have been able to even start the studio, much less develop this game (where Sony also paid the cost for him to travel the world and research the engine, that funny enough will be on PC, not sure how much tweak he will need to do to make the engine run well on PC).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Good guy Sony sharing the good stuff.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Still not interested in the game but good to see more can play it... Just wondering what this could mean for games developed by Sony's proprietary engines. It was developed by one of Sony's engines, right?

Zoombael said:
How unfortunate. Not surprising, because they originally announced the game for PS4 and PC, but nonetheless unfortunate. Hoped they would reconsider their decision.

Yes, more people can play the game and Kojimas studio can make more money to fund more games. Pretty much the worst day ever.

Stadia launch is a possibility. Mainly after Stadia VP Jade Raymond visited Kojima studios in july.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

Let's see how this will play out and if Sony will buy the studio or not. Because I doubt even Kojima being as respected as he is that if Sony didn't basically sustained the studio from the day he left Konami that he would have been able to even start the studio, much less develop this game (where Sony also paid the cost for him to travel the world and research the engine, that funny enough will be on PC, not sure how much tweak he will need to do to make the engine run well on PC).

I guess we'll see Thursday week how it fairs and in in time if KJP will even agree to going first party with success on their hands.

Besides, Sony are targetting timed exclusives and battling MS on the PC side more and more, this is their strategy for a while now. Gain the imediate benifets and perception and then let 2nd party exclusives off to do more benefit and gain them more traction on the PC side. The problem is that this announcement is a slap in the face coming three weeks before the console release. I can't imagine Sony signing off on this unless they expect the game to be a flop and are trying to distance themselves from it which could be the case but I highly doubt it. Kojima has been snubbing people left and right since MGS5 and his head has grown to such massive proportions that he ends up stepping on people, looks like he isn't above stepping over companies that pull him and his team from certain erasure from the industry, AAA side. 

I would say Kojima just decided by himself to give this information on his on and probably in breach of contract. Because if it was supposed to say it will release in PC then they would have said it 3 years ago.

About the other games that are going PC, probably never had in contract that they were permanent exclusives or had some threshold of sales or time that they could release in PC, when QD was basically bought by a publisher it wasn't Sony that made the decision to release the games on PC to combat MS.

twintail said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony arent buying a studio built around a single person who is not in his in young adult days. 

It's such a bad buy that sustaining the relationship makes more financial sense in the short and long term.

But it could happen, though I doubt it would.

He is still quite young and legendary. As long as this game have a high reception and sales it isn't unlikely. No one expected Sony to finally close the deal with Insomniac after so many refusals since PS2, but they did anyway. And who is to say that the rest of the collaborators of the studio haven't learn enough to in a decade steer the ship?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
Must say the timing for this announcement is horrible.
It'll definitely hurt the game initial sales because of people holding back.
Could easily wait to announce it early next year.

^ this.

Its consumer friendly, but abit sucky for Sony.
Oh well.

Nice. Looking forward to play it in glorious 60 fps. =)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Hiku said:
OTBWY said:
Welp, looks like I'm getting the PC version... if the games good. There goes another exclusive.

It was never an exclusive to begin with. It was announced for PC in 2015, before the game was even revealed.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojimas-ps4-console-exclusive-will-come-to-pc/1100-6433155/
It's a console exclusive.

Either way, you know better than to make remarks like that.

Ehhmmm, last time I had checked the official listing, it said Only On Playstation. I dunno if they had removed it recently, but I swear it was on it. I can find it back if you want me to.

Being launched on PC is not a problem or a lose for Sony, because they own the IP, so each game sold on PC they will receive a cut of the sale. The problem here, for both Sony and Kojima Productions, is annoucing the PC version just 11 days before PS4 launch. I know, 90% of the people will not care and will buy the game on PS4 anyway, but a % is going to cancel their PS4 purchase just because of that PC version. This can produce two outcomes. Sony loses a PS4 buyer, or... maybe after 7 months, the same guy that didn't buy the game on PS4 does not care to buy the game anymore on PC either beacause it loses momentum, the game becomes not as interesting after not so good reviews, or maybe he just get spoiled losing interest in the game, etc...... losing a consumer in the end. It's an stupid risk in my opinion.

In my opinion..., if you were going to make the game on PS4 and PC from the beginning..., then do a simultaneous launch on both or do the Rockstar way like they did with GTA V and RDR 2, announcing the PC version months later after the original launch, because this way it doesn't make much sense....

Total sales of the game are going to be 80-90% on PS4 anyway..., so this is not as important as it seems. It's only going to be annoying on gaming forums due to platform wars. This news almost guarantee a PS5 version in the future too, so it's not all bad news for Sony/Playstation either....

Anyway..., i can't wait to play as soon as possible this game, so day 1 for me. This news doesn't matter to me at all in the end. For people that want to play it on PC, today it's a great day.