By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 82 / OC: 83 / GR: 83.17%

Tagged games:

Those who are playing it: keep sharing.

Can't wait to play this. I got shipment confirmation. I might get it by Saturday.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
Keiji said:
colafitte said:

Well... I played 4h non stop already on hard difficulty.....I don't want to say nothing spoilery, but if the "game concept" was the thing that makes the game love or hate the game, i'm now allowed to say that....

I love it.

Completely original, full thought, continuously taking decisions, in a super beautiful and realistic landscape. And yes, things are calm most of the time..., but oh my god when things suddenly become ...."tense". You can feel it. And it makes absolute sense that feeling of relief reaching a base to rest up..., physically and mentally. I'm completely inmersed in this game. And this is just the beginning of the game. I still need to see the rest of the mechanics and concpets of this game.

As for the rest of the game. Is a Kojima game in the best way possible. Impecable presentation, full of cinematic cutscenes with surprisingly everything making sense. This is the best work in this deparment Kojima has made until now.

This game can not be compared to anything else. It requires long periods of gameplay to enjoy it, because it's a slow game. Yes..., is a walking/hiking simulator but is a damn good one, full of interesting things happening around you. I'll have to see if the gaming loop is still interesting after 30-40h, but right now, it is.

If you are looking for a unique game and you're tired of the same generic gaming mechanics for RPGs, shooters, action games and want an ambicious story driven game with top tier production values this is your game. There is nothing else like this in in the market.

Thank you for the feedback. You think "hard" difficulty is the way to go ?

If you consider yourself an able/experienced gamer, these kind of survival games are most enjoyable in harder difficulties. The time i've played so far has not been a difficult game even in hard (yet), but i feel this difficulty level is the one will make the experience more satisfactory in the end. Like i said in another post, you need this game to make you feel exhausted physically/mentally when you reach your goal to leave a mark on you. If it doesn't feel you have experienced obstacles along the road that you needed to overcome then the game will not work for you.

This is a game about the journey, not the destination. If people try to rush this, they're destroying the game for themselves.

twintail said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well either way the PC version is months off. Definitely not spending $60 on this 😆

But no, the score is irrelevant. The text is

So if the text in so called 5/5 review is well written with nice phrases like 'delivers on all fronts', 'worthwhile', 'feels good to play', 'genre-pushing', then?

I suppose what I am saying is why do you choose to place so much stock in a single 2/5 review and not on other views too?

What do you mean “so much stock”? I replied to that post because whoever posted it said it’s a very well written review (I’d have read it soon anyway since it’s Giant Bomb). It’s not as if I’m deciding to pass on buying the game on PC or PS4 because of that review. I’ve read a lot of the glowing reviews as well and even a lot of them talk about how underwhelming the narrative and/or the gameplay are. 

Furthermore I’ve replied to a few people here upset about the scores or how reviews work and told them to find reviewers they trust and rely on those. I practice what I preach, and Giant Bomb is one of my favorite places for reviews and podcasts. I’ve also gotten into Easy Allies the last couple years because of their podcasts and iirc they gave it an 8 but also complained about many gameplay elements. I don’t care about what some gushing A+ review from Gaming Age says and I didn’t read the 3.5 out of 10 score either because I put zero stock in those websites. 

The reviewers I do trust have big issues with gameplay and also some of the narrative as well. And for those reasons, I’m out. Shark Tank!

And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last. The Giant Bomb.

I have the game

Around the Network

Jim Sterling didn't appreciate it at all. 

Signature goes here!

Yeah that Sterling video wasn’t flattering to the game at all.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Yes i watched it today,i do think he is a good reviewer.

I mean he does hate some games i like but from his wording i sometimes like what he thinks of as a negative,i can see how a game like this can be divisive though.

Immersiveunreality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yes i watched it today,i do think he is a good reviewer.

I mean he does hate some games i like but from his wording i sometimes like what he thinks of as a negative,i can see how a game like this can be divisive though.

He was one of the few reviewers that recognized Battleborn for the treasure that it was, and for that he will always be one of my favorite journalists.

I'm still waiting for my copy, but I'm confident I'll enjoy this game.

Not only I know what I'm expecting, it's not the usual action/adventure open world (yes, everyone knows that), but I get that the game has a slow pace, it's quiet, it's about avoiding enemies and managing resources. It might not be really exciting, but i feel that it's a sort of experience I'll like.

It's definitely a new sort of game. Hopefully I'll have my copy before sunset.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?