By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 12 october 2019

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

Rumors are for the digital edition at $149, not the standard S model.

Either way the cheaper Xbox One than a year ago will help keep sales from dropping too much this holiday. At least in the US. Not that it will be enough to stop the Switch from outselling it by the end of the year. 

True but S was down to $189/199 in 2017/2018 so I dont really think a $149 SAD edition will do much to prevent the 20-30% decline it's been showing most of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I am not really happy with this graph...

Would it be better to make the Q3 start from 0 ? or should I keep the complete FY2019 ?

Radek said:

The weekly sales gap between Switch and PS4 is getting smaller every week. How can a 6 year old console still sell over 200K every single week?

PS4 has almost no Microsoft competition like last gen. XBox One is a mess compared to X360. If MS wouldn't have screwed up almost everything this gen their console would sell + 50K every week and PS5 about -50K. No heavy exclusives really hurt XOne. PS5 still gets big exclusives regularly.

Marth said:
Amnesia said:

I am not really happy with this graph...

Would it be better to make the Q3 start from 0 ? or should I keep the complete FY2019 ?

For a purely WoW comparison I would prefer that all Q3 graphs start at 0.

Makes it more easy to quantify the cumulative growth.

Btw I have to mention that I really appreciate the work you are doing with your sheet!
Its great to have a comparison and extrapolation

Thanks a lot !

The projection is only the last FY ship multiplied by the current "up by cumulation", so here it is :

16,95 M x 1,295

I will do it like this from now :

The blue and orange values in my table have been ofcourse updated after the multiple adjustments from VGC's team. The green one however are only the last numbers announced.

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

True but S was down to $189/199 in 2017/2018 so I dont really think a $149 SAD edition will do much to prevent the 20-30% decline it's been showing most of the year.

I forgot it was that cheap last holiday. Maybe better bundles this year. 

The rumored $150 SAD come with vouchers for Sea Of Thieves, Minecraft, and Forza Horizon 3......two? of which are on Game Pass. From the looks of it any way. Pretty sure Forza Horizon 3 is off Game Pass, and has been replaced with Forza Horizon 4.

oops. I just realized that's what it comes with all the time.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 23 October 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."