By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts September 2019 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Cool, thanks. :) Was trying to think of comparisons we hadn't had yet.

It's a shame we don't have accurate tracking for older systems, it'd be cool to see, say, Switch vs PS1.

If you come up with any more ideas for Gap Charts feel free to let me know. I do agree it is a shame we can't do comparisons with anything older than the 7th generation. 

Cheers, will do. :) Looking forward to seeing how Switch vs PS3 and Switch vs 360 pan out.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

You can read the complete Article #7 and Analysis http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441076/switch-vs-xbox-onevgchartz-gap-chartsseptember-2019/">here:

Switch vs Xbox One – VGChartz Gap Charts – September 2019

Switch Vs. Xbox One Global:

Gap change in latest month: 1,314,009 – Switch

Gap change over last 12 months: 12,309,246 - Switch

Total Lead: 4,660,486 – Xbox One

Switch Total Sales: 38,752,574

Xbox One Total Sales: 43,413,060

Last edited by trunkswd - on 24 October 2019

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:

I'd be interested to see a comparison of Switch with 360 and PS3 individually, since a lot of people's predictions have Switch landing close to those systems lifetime.

I've taken a quick look and the Switch is current light years ahead of the 360 and PS3 after 31 months. Xbox 360 is at 18.7M and the PlayStation 3 is at 20.9M. That is well below the 38.75M the Switch has sold to date. The 360 and PS3 had a long lifespan, so it is possible in a few years the gap will start to close. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

That XBOX Gap.
The Switch has come a long way.

morenoingrato said:
That XBOX Gap.
The Switch has come a long way.

All but certain the Switch will surpass the Xbox One before the end of the year. 

Around the Network

You can read the complete Article #8 and Analysis here:

Switch vs 3DS and Wii U – VGChartz Gap Charts – September 2019

Switch Vs. 3DS and Wii U Global:

Gap change in latest month: 119,287 – Switch

Gap change over last 12 months: 1,646,073 – Switch

Total Lead: 3,344,765 – 3DS and Wii U

Switch Total Sales: 38,752,574

3DS and Wii U Total Sales: 42,097,339

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I'd be interested to see a comparison of Switch with 360 and PS3 individually, since a lot of people's predictions have Switch landing close to those systems lifetime.

I've taken a quick look and the Switch is current light years ahead of the 360 and PS3 after 31 months. Xbox 360 is at 18.7M and the PlayStation 3 is at 20.9M. That is well below the 38.75M the Switch has sold to date. The 360 and PS3 had a long lifespan, so it is possible in a few years the gap will start to close. 

So Switch is tracking almost as well as PS3+360?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
trunkswd said:

So Switch is tracking almost as well as PS3+360?

So was the PlayStation 4 during the same time frame. Even the Xbox One was tracking above the Xbox 360. The current big three platforms all had bigger starts than the PS3 and X360. The PS4 outsold them both a while ago and is about to outsell the Wii and PS1. The Switch should outsell them as well. The Xbox One while it had a decent start sales have fallen behind where the Xbox 360 was during the same time frame. 

I like the 3DS+WiiU one. It will be interesting to see how that holds up after January.

And it's almost the same question as: "can it outsell the PS3"?

Last edited by Moren - on 25 October 2019

Switch is doing very good, even compared to Wii U+3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile