Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Soulslikes You've Played

Haven't played many souls like games but as of now it is:
1. Sekiro
2. DS3 (haven't beaten, may change in the future)
3. Code Vein
4. Bloodborne (haven't beaten, may change in the future)

Around the Network

Bloodborne
Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2

I have not played enough of 3 to rank it fairly, but it is safe to say it would be somewhere below Bloodborne.

Last edited by Shiken - on 20 October 2019

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nioh
Sekiro
Bloodborne

Haven't played any game from the Souls series but I have my eye on the trilogy and if remaster of Demon Souls does happen, I'll grab that too.

I can't get into any Souls like game. Maybe it's because I'd rather grind for hours and get it done at a reasonable amount of tries than just fail and fail over and over again with little to no progress. Slow and steady progress seems more rewarding.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Only played 1, Sekiro, found it way too hard and gave up.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I can't get into any Souls like game. Maybe it's because I'd rather grind for hours and get it done at a reasonable amount of tries than just fail and fail over and over again with little to no progress. Slow and steady progress seems more rewarding.

You won't fail that much.

Also, you can grind levels you want too, though it won't make a huge difference.

Funny that failed nearly 100 straight times in the Nioh beta made me love it, tho, lol.

I finished the first level on normal and went straight to fight Muneshige, but I had just sold all my gear but one very heavy set I had just gotten, and realised I wouldn't be able to leave the fight without losing all the amrita I had... which I refused to.

So I fought him nearly naked, at a very low level (I was supposed to do the hard stage before him too) and would get 1 hit koed to most of his attacks.

I spend two hours dying to him before I could finally take him out. But boy what a feeling.

I was already in love with that game since before it was announced tho, lol, was a dream come true.

But those games are not THAT hard in general, they have hard parts but a mostly doable after some tries.

Have defeated a lot of the bosses from those game in the first time, and I'm not a skilled player.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 20 October 2019

BraLoD said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Also, you can grind levels you want too, though it won't make a huge difference.

If you had seen me play Cuphead, you wouldn't say that. That dragon is horrible...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
BraLoD said:

If you had seen me play Cuphead, you wouldn't say that. That dragon is horrible...

I edited my post with some extra stuff.

Cuphead as a boss rush is harder than those games, because it's basically just hard boss after hard boss.

shikamaru317 said:
Only played 1, Sekiro, found it way too hard and gave up.

Sekiro is 100x harder than Souls.  Don't get me wrong, Souls isn't easy, but fair.  Sekiro is designed to be hard and absolutely nothing about it is fair.  I can beat every souls game solo, I couldn't get half way through Sekiro.  I died more in Sekiro than all souls games combined.  

Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls
Demon's Soul
Dark Souls 3
Salt and Sanctuary

Those are ones I liked a lot. Other's include Lords of Fallen, Surge, Bloodborne and Sekiro, didn't care much for any of them.