By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I suffer from Sleep Paralysis. Does anyone else?

I remember the time i tried to induce it at will, my body became paralised, the world started shaking and i was going into some light, then i freaked out and snapped out of it.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

@ flow & meso

lol as I said, I DID think it was a ghost at first (that or an alien abduction...)
I was traumatized for weeks after it happened intially.

It happens regularly now, maybe once a fortnight. You can get medication....but I don't want it.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

lol as I said, I DID think it was a ghost at first (that or an alien abduction...)

It happens regularly now, maybe once a fortnight. You can get medication....but I don't want it.

What the hell's a 'fortnight'?

DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

When you spend the night in a fort, because of fear for ghost attacks.

Forts won't save you though

Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

Joking or serious?

Since there's no "/sarcasm" at the end, I think serious, but it sounds like a joke.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

Joking or serious?

Since there's no "/sarcasm" at the end, I think serious, but it sounds like a joke.

DMeisterJ said:
Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

Joking or serious?

Do you seriously not know what a fortnight is?

It's 2 weeks. But flows answer is much funnier.

Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
@ flow & meso

Joking or serious?

Lawl!

I knew you were joking.  

It means 14 days, according to Wikipedia.

WOW! I thought that only happened to me! Here's a page that describes it and gives suggestions on how to avoid it. If there had been an internet then I might have found out it wasn't something that was just happening to me. It really does freak you out. I didn't have the hallucinations, just the paralysis (which is scary enough). I don't recall it happening for at least the last 10 years but when I when I was in my teen's up to my early 30's I had that type of dream/paralysis when I was trying to wake up a couple times a month, sometimes more.

You seriously had to look it up on wikipedia? How the hell did you get into college?