By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda: Link’s Awakening sold 430,000 copies in its first three days in Europe

Ganoncrotch said:
KLXVER said:
Great. Now start remaking the Oracle games.

I can't recall for sure... but were those games not made by Nintendo and Capcom together? or was that Minish cap? Sorry it's 6am here and I've spent my night / morning doing a hell of a lot of the same task over and over, my damaged is brain.

Both. A team at Capcom first made the Oracle games and later The Minish Cap.

Around the Network

I hope this leads them to remake the first 3 Zeldas. I've been waiting for a remake or remaster of those first 3 for a long time.

S.Peelman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I can't recall for sure... but were those games not made by Nintendo and Capcom together? or was that Minish cap? Sorry it's 6am here and I've spent my night / morning doing a hell of a lot of the same task over and over, my damaged is brain.

Well its Zelda, so Nintendo has to own the rights to them, right?

KLXVER said:
S.Peelman said:

I dunno man, dkc and dk64 caused issues if I recall with going into the eshop for Nintendo because of rare making those games regardless of Nintendo owning the ip.

Also kinda proud of my sleep starved brain that it remembered the coin sound of those games and the a screen with both company's names on there. Maybe I'll reward it with some sleep later!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KLXVER said:
S.Peelman said:

Ganoncrotch said:

I dunno man, dkc and dk64 caused issues if I recall with going into the eshop for Nintendo because of rare making those games regardless of Nintendo owning the ip.

Also kinda proud of my sleep starved brain that it remembered the coin sound of those games and the a screen with both company's names on there. Maybe I'll reward it with some sleep later!

I don't know anything about this, but I haven't heard of any difficulties like with some Donkey Kong games when these Zelda games were released on Virtual Consoles and on 3DS's ambassador program, so I assume there are no difficulties. But, like I said I don't really know either way.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
KLXVER said:

Ganoncrotch said:

I don't know anything about this, but I haven't heard of any difficulties like with some Donkey Kong games when these Zelda games were released on Virtual Consoles and on 3DS's ambassador program, so I assume there are no difficulties. But, like I said I don't really know either way.

I'm cannot say for certain either since of course I have no knowledge of their licensing agreements but I can only go by looking at past issues they had with getting or keeping games on their service where an outside company was involved in creating the OG game even if they were IP's belonging to Nintendo, for example https://www.gamesradar.com/donkey-kong-country-titles-about-be-removed/ when the 3 DKC games were pulled from Switch for "reasons".

I'd just be pretty confident that if Capcom are solely responsible for the code and scenario of the oracle or seasons games then they would have to at least be consulted on a remaster, it's another reason why I feel Nintendo should just try and expand their own studios than leasing out their IP's for others to make games with them, unless there is an iron clad agreement in place that "everything you make for this game becomes ours when it goes gold" for Nintendo which I'm fairly sure would be tough to implement when it comes to art and music in the games as well. Say if Capcom were to get music created from an external source to put in the game, then they would get a license to add that music to the title... but they couldn't gift that license to Nintendo to recreate or sell the game on a new platform 30 years later, Nintendo would have to return to capcom who would need to talk to the OG creator of such content which they licensed for the game originally.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mar1217 said:
Before Capcom remakes both Oracle games à la RE 2 Remake,lol. 3rd person shoulder perspective adventure game, here we go !

They remake it but it's in 9 different parts now which you can only get access to the first 2 by buying the year 1 season pass, also rupees have been replaced with a premium in game currency which costs 1e per StarRupee! You can earn those in game of course, you earn one StarRupee each time you complete the game 10 times in under 15minutes, so the option of buying the content is just OPTIONAL.

Amazing It seems that BotW has raised the bar for the series.

Mar1217 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

They remake it but it's in 9 different parts now which you can only get access to the first 2 by buying the year 1 season pass, also rupees have been replaced with a premium in game currency which costs 1e per StarRupee! You can earn those in game of course, you earn one StarRupee each time you complete the game 10 times in under 15minutes, so the option of buying the content is just OPTIONAL.

Don't forget the dance mini-game in the lava world !

It's now actually it's own spin-off game called The Legend of Zelda : Dancing Seasons :O

Pssshhhhh such crazy talk, you're crazy man, they would never.... do....

Dammit

I finished Link's Awakening last week and the game was certainly fun and appeared to be very polished, but I would have liked "more". I just wish the game was a bit harder, and that bosses took a few more hits to kill. I breezed through the whole game and my save file is deathless.

For the record, I did play through Link's Awakening DX on the GBC back in the day, but it was so long ago that I don't think the game was made any easier as a result.

Other than that, I would have liked the dungeon editor to be more expansive. Like allowing us to customize the contents of the chests, and to have "more" rooms to unlock. It's such a cool idea, and it works pretty well, but there isn't enough rooms to give them enough variation.