By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Link's Awakening has the best Switch launch of the year; first Zelda game to make #1 in 16 years

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
A nice 50K I guess which is fantastic ! Although, that also means Borderlands 3 2nd week might be way down from it's first ...

Probably will be a big drop off for Borderlands. But Borderlands 2 took 1.5 years to sell 8.5m copies. Borderlands 3 has sold 5m in 5 days. I think it's already a guaranteed success.

Apparently 70% of those 5m sales were digital. Borderlands has a big PC presence.

Around the Network

Nice to see a proper Zelda do so well. Warms my heart! Really enjoying the game myself.

I hope we get a Oracles remake in the same style now.

I wonder if there is any chance Link Between Worlds could be ported. Never played it and always wanted too.

All signs point to Link's Awakening being a major success, I don't see why they wouldn't remake a few more titles.  The original being remade would be amazing.  

Chrkeller said:

I wonder if there is any chance Link Between Worlds could be ported. Never played it and always wanted too.

There's a few games I wish would come over from 3DS, like Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga Remake, Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds. I'm sure as hell never turning my 3ds on again so if they don't come to other systems I'm never going to play them.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Chrkeller said:

There's a few games I wish would come over from 3DS, like Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga Remake, Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds. I'm sure as hell never turning my 3ds on again so if they don't come to other systems I'm never going to play them.

Bravely Default would be amazing.  I don't portable game and would love to play it.  

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Nice to see a proper Zelda do so well. Warms my heart! Really enjoying the game myself.

As opposed to an improper Zelda. 

ResidentToxy said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

As opposed to an improper Zelda. 

Yes, exactly.

Seems that is also oversold MM2 launch in US.
However, I wont bet it would have longer legs than MM2.
But I can bet it can surpass 5 million LT WW.

Link's Awakening is selling better than I thought. With results like this, I hope they remake the first 3 NES/SNES Zeldas as well.