By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bleeding Edge may be a surprise hit

I finally got an alpha test invite and played it for a few hours on Saturday. I had zero expectations and very little knowledge on the game going in. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it’s because I also greatly enjoyed the masterpiece Battleborn, but BE reminds me of like a different take on the whole hero shooter genre.

There aren’t many characters right now but they are all extremely unique. I was worried that the game would go overboard with the amount of edgelord nonsense kind of like Sunset Overdrive did but it’s not bad. Mostly it’s a great blend of teamwork with some small MOBA type elements where you can gank enemy players. 

They only had Control open this weekend which is like Domination, only the objectives move around and aren’t all active at once, which forces the action to certain areas of the map. I played support characters and it was awesome to roll into big fights and lay down some heal wards and slow enemies. I can only imagine other modes being even better. The map design was great though, and I wasn’t too big a fan of the character reveal cinematic but the characters are actually very cool. There is a melee guitar character, he literally just goes around the map jamming a riff while you aren’t performing combat moves. 

You can tell it’s been in various development stages for awhile. I’m sure it’ll be on GamePass, keep an eye out for it.

Around the Network

Honestly, never heard of this one til now, had to look it up...oh dear, I hope this is not the type of game MS acquired Ninja Theory for.

"Maybe it’s because I also greatly enjoyed the masterpiece Battleborn"

*Close tab*

HoloDust said:
Honestly, never heard of this one til now, had to look it up...oh dear, I hope this is not the type of game MS acquired Ninja Theory for.

They were making this before MS bought them.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. Doesn't really sound like my type of game. But, with Gamepass, I think I'll give just about every big MS game a try.

Around the Network

Looks pretty cool. My prediction: closed servers in 3 years tops.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm open to trying it just because who developed it. But I'm not expecting much.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shaunodon said:
"Maybe it’s because I also greatly enjoyed the masterpiece Battleborn"

*Close tab*

So, how did you reply to a thread whose tab you closed?  Pardon my confusion here.

I liked Battleborn.  Shame it didn't do what it could have, but it got killed by Overwatch.  It tried to do everything and didn't make it.  Its approach to leveling made it a bear to tweak.

Anyhow, on Bleeding Edge, isn't that a Hero Slasher?  This is a Hero Shooter with swords.