By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How much do you predict The Rise of Skywalker will make?

How much will The Rise of Skywalker gross internationally?

250 Million - 500 Million 1 2.38%

500 Million - 750 Million 4 9.52%

750 Million - 1 Billion 12 28.57%

1 Billion - 1.25 Billion 8 19.05%

1.25 Billion - 1.5 Billion 8 19.05%

1.5 Billion - 2.0 Billion 7 16.67%

2 Billion - 2.25 Billion 0 0%

2.25 Billion - 2.5 Billion 0 0%

2.5 Billion - 3 Billion 0 0%

3 Billion+ 2 4.76%

Total:42

I think it will make just $600 million.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Around the Network

Not as much as Disney wants, that's for sure. They are burning the Star Wars fans quite fast, and even casual movie goers are going to get burnt out.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I assume you mean domestic and not global?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Lenny93 said:

600M global seems about right. If the rumored reshoots were very costly, that may just be break even for Disney.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I mean global, I think it will fail badly. Many of the hardcore fans such as myself aren't going to see it because of disinterest or boycotting due to the identity politics agenda.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Around the Network
Lenny93 said:

I have a feeling this prediction will age poorly.

I'm predicting about 1.1 billion. This year has been packed with billion dollar movies so that could potentially hurt star wars a bit.

Too much..... not really a fan of the new star wars movies.
Star wars feels like its just being milked, instead of it being a work of art, or a good story.

Hopefully zero. This movie and shit series Disney created didnt deserve what it's made. It all feels disconnected from the last. They are trying to use nostalgia to lure the fans, you know, the ones that actually propped up the universe with their money and insane fandom.... and I dont think it will actually work. These movies could have made SEVERAL billions each... instead, they've cancelled some side movies, and made a 180 on this 3rd pile. No amount of the emperor will fix this. No amount of nostalgia and flash backs will fix this. Disney fucked up and made the shittiest star wars anyone could have imagined. The force awakens was actually, in my opinion, an ok start, but the next one, jesus... what a disjointed piece of shit that was. It was a stand alone movie and complete shit.

600 million domestic only maybe, but it’ll probably be even more there alone. Rise of Skywalker will do more than The Last Jedi. Put me down for 1.6bn.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 21 September 2019

SwitchUP said:
Hopefully zero. This movie and shit series Disney created didnt deserve what it's made. It all feels disconnected from the last. They are trying to use nostalgia to lure the fans, you know, the ones that actually propped up the universe with their money and insane fandom.... and I dont think it will actually work. These movies could have made SEVERAL billions each... instead, they've cancelled some side movies, and made a 180 on this 3rd pile. No amount of the emperor will fix this. No amount of nostalgia and flash backs will fix this. Disney fucked up and made the shittiest star wars anyone could have imagined. The force awakens was actually, in my opinion, an ok start, but the next one, jesus... what a disjointed piece of shit that was. It was a stand alone movie and complete shit.

Disney blew it I agree, still not as bad as how D&D blew it with GoT Season 8 but yeah it could’ve been better. Do you mean The Last Jedi or Rogue One though?

I’d say Rogue One is easily the best of the Disney Star Warzes, and the only one that actually fits and feels like it’s a legitimite and undeniable piece of the story.

I am having high hopes for the two series, The Mandalorian and Ewan McGreggor’s series, especially the latter.