By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Impressions.

Wekk two of the beta is out now for those who pre orders and should be available to the general public tomorrow. The beta has crossplay so you can play with friends on other platforms by friending each other through Activision ID.

For those who are playing what are your thoughts?

Around the Network

I've played a few games and i'm not liking it as much as I though I would. I'm gonna play some more throughout the weekend to see if it grows on me.

I've been playing more and I still don't knwo if I like it or don't.

I'm really impressed with it so far honestly. I haven't been a fan of the newer Call of Duty games, last *brand new* one I played was Black Ops 3 which was terrible and Modern Warfare Remastered was alright but that's a remake of an older one, but I always loved MW1 and MW2 back on PS3 and this is giving me similar vibes to those in a good way, it's a lot of fun. The new engine feels great too, but the performance doesn't feel the most stable. I'm playing on base PS4 and it seems like the framerate drops a lot.

Technically and mechanically sound (apart from the netcode/server stability), but I'm not feeling the pacing and map/mode design, personally. My tastes have probably changed since COD4, but it just feels too aimlessly run and gun to me thus far; not much direction or method. As beautifully done as the weapon mount mechanic is, sprinting around the map until you see an enemy or they see you feels like the superior tactic. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow. I'll keep playing to see if it warms on me.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 22 September 2019

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Technically and mechanically sound (apart from the netcode/server stability), but I'm not feeling the pacing and map/mode design, personally. My tastes have probably changed since COD4, but it just feels too aimlessly run and gun to me thus far; not much direction or method. As beautifully done as the weapon mount mechanic is, sprinting around the map until you see an enemy or they see you feels like the superior tactic. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow. I'll keep playing to see if it warms on me.

As someone that plays CoD every year this is the least run and gun CoD in awhile. Thats one of the reasons i'm mixed on it because that's my preferred playstyle.

just played it now looks very blurry though, ground war didnt look crisp and had massive texture load pop in i played it on ps4 pro

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...