By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Finally joined the PC Master Race

VAMatt said:
goopy20 said:
Pc gaming is great but I also got me a new gaming rig and I've hardly used it to play games. Sad fact is that there just aren't enough PC games that really take advantage of the hardware and I end up playing mostly on my ps4 pro and LG 65 inch Oled instead.

Hook that rig up to your TV, and use a controller.  Crank all the settings that a TV can display up to max.  

Agree with this, I actually went and built a second Ryzen (2600/780ti) for gaming in my office and use my other 1700/980ti in the sitting room connected to my Projector, beautiful playing stuff like Forza Horizon 4 with PC power using it as a gaming console pretty much. PC's can very easily become a console even things like Steams big picture mode can give you their full UI controllable with a controller and their interface has options for pretty much all the major consoles controllers so there is just 1 tickbox required now to let me use my Switch pro controller / X360 pad or Dualshock 4 with all of Steam.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Honestly think this is the wrong move.
Next year there will be machines (consoles) that releaseing were the default will be 4k 60fps, and probably be as powerfull as that PC you built.
However with console code to metal, the advantages will be there. Now with deminishing returns (in visuals) and with how many exclusives consoles get...

PC master race is a thing of the past.
Doesnt make nearly as much sense now, as it did like 10 years or more ago.

4k 60 wont be happening as the default on PS5/neXtBox not with anywhere near the ultra settings that you could get from a 1080ti while trying to achieve that res/frame rate, in a years time if the consoles were truly being built to the spec you're talking about here, they're not going to be under €500 and that is entering RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RACER bad in terms of launch ideas, Switch has shown that gamers are perfectly happy with moderate power and great games, companies aren't going to take a huge hit by chucking a 2080TI into a console they're selling for 299, it's just not going to be possibly at a price point which makes people jump in.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
JRPGfan said:
Honestly think this is the wrong move.
Next year there will be machines (consoles) that releaseing were the default will be 4k 60fps, and probably be as powerfull as that PC you built.
However with console code to metal, the advantages will be there. Now with deminishing returns (in visuals) and with how many exclusives consoles get...

PC master race is a thing of the past.
Doesnt make nearly as much sense now, as it did like 10 years or more ago.

4k 60 wont be happening as the default on PS5/neXtBox not with anywhere near the ultra settings that you could get from a 1080ti while trying to achieve that res/frame rate, in a years time if the consoles were truly being built to the spec you're talking about here, they're not going to be under €500 and that is entering RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RACER bad in terms of launch ideas, Switch has shown that gamers are perfectly happy with moderate power and great games, companies aren't going to take a huge hit by chucking a 2080TI into a console they're selling for 299, it's just not going to be possibly at a price point which makes people jump in.

And that's fine for most console gamers, like you said. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not gaming on PC. Most of the games I want either never launch on PC or are so heavily delayed that I wouldn't even consider it a viable option. That's where my value in consoles lies, and of course the plug in an play no configuration mess. 

If you want the extra juice, then PC is the best bet. 

All hail the master race

Yeah I was in the master race, then I become fed up with PC problems and shits. So I came back to consoles.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
goopy20 said:
Pc gaming is great but I also got me a new gaming rig and I've hardly used it to play games. Sad fact is that there just aren't enough PC games that really take advantage of the hardware and I end up playing mostly on my ps4 pro and LG 65 inch Oled instead.

That's a shame. I've been able to find a plethora of games that have been taking advantage of my hw, especially PC games that make proper use of my CPU and GPU.

You should try looking again sometime, or if not, sell the rig.

Could you name me some games that are really a big step up from anything on ps4 pro? Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen any pc (exclusive) game that looks as impressive as some of the ps4 exclusives like GOW.

And I do have to agree with the whole coding to the metal thing. It's not that consoles will ever be as powerful as the latest gaming rig when you just look at the compute numbers. However, when games are made to squeeze every bit of processing power out of a console to run at a locked 1080p 30fps, it will look and play better than any game that's designed to run and play at the lowest pc specs in 4k 60fps. That's the beauty of consoles and I personally think it would be a shame if the next gen console games will all be designed from the ground up to run at 4k 60fps. I would much rather see bigger, more complicated level design and an overall increase in visual fidelity than native 4k, which a lot of people won't even notice unless they sit 2 feet away from their tv.  

goopy20 said:

Could you name me some games that are really a big step up from anything on ps4 pro?

The whole PS2/PS1/Wii/GC etc. library lol

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Keiji said:
Yeah I was in the master race, then I become fed up with PC problems and shits. So I came back to consoles.

Part of being the master race is being able to overcome PC troubles and emerge stronger than ever before from them. So it seems you never truly were part of the #masterrace.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Keiji said:

Part of being the master race is being able to overcome PC troubles and emerge stronger than ever before from them. So it seems you never truly were part of the #masterrace.

^^

goopy20 said:
Chazore said:

That's a shame. I've been able to find a plethora of games that have been taking advantage of my hw, especially PC games that make proper use of my CPU and GPU.

You should try looking again sometime, or if not, sell the rig.

Could you name me some games that are really a big step up from anything on ps4 pro? Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen any pc (exclusive) game that looks as impressive as some of the ps4 exclusives like GOW.

And I do have to agree with the whole coding to the metal thing. It's not that consoles will ever be as powerful as the latest gaming rig when you just look at the compute numbers. However, when games are made to squeeze every bit of processing power out of a console to run at a locked 1080p 30fps, it will look and play better than any game that's designed to run and play at the lowest pc specs in 4k 60fps. That's the beauty of consoles and I personally think it would be a shame if the next gen console games will all be designed from the ground up to run at 4k 60fps. I would much rather see bigger, more complicated level design and an overall increase in visual fidelity than native 4k, which a lot of people won't even notice unless they sit 2 feet away from their tv.  

I don't think that's really a metric to compare against. PC still has Crysis, which would still to this day, melt a PS4P itself.

I myself have been playing Hunt Showdown for some months, and to me it looks visually stunning, while also making good use of directive sound.

You'd have to take up that discussion with Pemalite, because he knows that bit better when it comes to optimisation than a few console only folks here (who take in a few articles and some jargon like "to the metal".

Next gen systems will try to run at what they try to advertise, but that doesn't always mean that they'll stick to it 100% of the time (Hence why I find some hypocrisy in that beauty you speak of, because if I see it on the tin can, it better be doing that 100% throughout the generation).

As for myself, I wish to see improvements made to AI, as well as 4kres textures, and not just those we find on the NPC's/Weapons.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"