By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake TGS Live Shows Presentation (new gameplay, sumon, classic ATB battle mode, Squat minigames , Aerith and Tifa combat system)

Tagged games:

There should be a Final Fantasy VII Remake thread made exclusively for those who want to whine about the multi-part aspect of the Remake, and a rule that prevents them from doing it outside of that echo chamber.

Because all the FF VII Remake threads end up being about that aspect and the people refusing to get over it.

This has been known for a while now, constantly whining about it and bringing it up everytime there’s a new FFVIIR thread is fucking annoying. 

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 September 2019

Around the Network
Hynad said:

There should be a Final Fantasy VII Remake thread made exclusively for those who want to whine about the multi-part aspect of the Remake, and a rule that prevents them from doing it outside of that echo chamber.

Because all the FF VII Remake thread end up being about that aspect and the people refusing to get over it.

This has been known for a while now, constantly whining about it and bringing it up everytime there’s a new FFVIIR thread is fucking annoying. 

Yeah its getting old now, it's about time everyone gets over it. 

Look, just like Vodacixi has been saying, if you don't think these are any concern to you personally, that's absolutely fine. I like FF7 quite a bit and I think a remake of it isn't a bad idea at all. I wasn't at all impressed with the early footage, these latest trailers have been much more appealing.

However, when you keep saying that a 60-hour game is a good thing, this is a 60-hour game focusing on Midgar. That sounds incredibly dull to me, and sounds like more of the same faults FF15 (a game I thoroughly enjoyed, mind you) had. Also, as has been said in this thread, there's no telling how many parts they're going to be releasing, or how far apart. This could be something that takes 10 years to tell the original FF7 story, and that's just not very interesting to some of us.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Square-Enix have already shown us with FF15's second wave of episode DLC that they have absolutely no qualms announcing something in-depth and then going back on it entirely. What guarantee do we have that they're even going to make a part two? They're clearly playing this by ear and hoping, much like a kickstarter, that things will pay for themselves throughout development, thereby releasing it piece by piece. What if it doesn't? Having one or two episodes that cut off at the halfway point would be an incredible shame and this is a very real risk, clearly, since FF15 just went through the very same thing (albeit on a smaller scale) and got its story cut short entirely with three episodes meant to tie up the narrative never released or really talked about again.

I think the episodic approach they're taking is disastruous because it has no accountability and the only thing it promotes is extreme bloating. I don't want to spend 60 hours in Midgar because I don't think Midgar can be interesting for that long. Maybe you do, and that's fine. But disregarding every critique against this approach as "overblown hate" isn't doing you, Square-Enix or anyone any favours. These are real concerns. If they don't bother you, that's okay. But they bother a lot of us.

10 - 15 years is fairly standard for fantasy or science fiction book series. But I don't think it will take that long. Besides, Square Enix owes us nothing. A remake wouldn't even exist in any form unless they had allowed. If there's no part 2, patience. Life will go on.

Also, @Majin-Tenshinhan, so far you posted nothing about the Remake but how terribly concerned you are about this project, how every single idea is disastrous, and how terrible the future of the project could turn out to be -- all based on no empirical evidence but your own imagination and inane extrapolation. So, uh, please excuse people around here if criticism being leveled back at criticism bothers you so much, when much of it ressembles nothing but concern trolling.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Look, just like Vodacixi has been saying, if you don't think these are any concern to you personally, that's absolutely fine. I like FF7 quite a bit and I think a remake of it isn't a bad idea at all. I wasn't at all impressed with the early footage, these latest trailers have been much more appealing.

However, when you keep saying that a 60-hour game is a good thing, this is a 60-hour game focusing on Midgar. That sounds incredibly dull to me, and sounds like more of the same faults FF15 (a game I thoroughly enjoyed, mind you) had. Also, as has been said in this thread, there's no telling how many parts they're going to be releasing, or how far apart. This could be something that takes 10 years to tell the original FF7 story, and that's just not very interesting to some of us.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Square-Enix have already shown us with FF15's second wave of episode DLC that they have absolutely no qualms announcing something in-depth and then going back on it entirely. What guarantee do we have that they're even going to make a part two? They're clearly playing this by ear and hoping, much like a kickstarter, that things will pay for themselves throughout development, thereby releasing it piece by piece. What if it doesn't? Having one or two episodes that cut off at the halfway point would be an incredible shame and this is a very real risk, clearly, since FF15 just went through the very same thing (albeit on a smaller scale) and got its story cut short entirely with three episodes meant to tie up the narrative never released or really talked about again.

I think the episodic approach they're taking is disastruous because it has no accountability and the only thing it promotes is extreme bloating. I don't want to spend 60 hours in Midgar because I don't think Midgar can be interesting for that long. Maybe you do, and that's fine. But disregarding every critique against this approach as "overblown hate" isn't doing you, Square-Enix or anyone any favours. These are real concerns. If they don't bother you, that's okay. But they bother a lot of us.

1. Are you trying to find some reason to justify your whining about the multi part release? Do you really think there is a chance above 0% that they will just cancel any part of the Remake? Fist off, the last DLC episodes for FF15 were not announced with in depth information:

* We had no idea what episode Aranea was about.

* We had no idea what episode Noctis was going to be about

* We had no idea what episode Luna was going to be about and hers was the most mysterious.

* We had no idea what episode Ardyn was going to be about

They had a little basic concept and that was it. This isnt like Mega Man Legends 3 where we had tangible evidence that is was in development and then they cancel it. We had nothing but an announcement that they were coming. FF15, in developers words was FINISHED, and the DLC episodes were just to satisfy those that wanted more from the plot (this is why the DLC episodes are not integrated into the main story in the Royal edition)

You don't think that FF7 Remake is going to pay for itself? Do you get why people are tired of the whiners? Stupid shit like this. FF7 Remake will not only pay for itself it will be the highest selling game to ever come for Square Enix. At the very least the total series will hit 15 million, but really were looking at close 25 - 30mill possibly more. Its you fearmongering ...yourself. Anything to justify your dislike for it being a multi part release.

The rest of that is you just confining your mind to only what the original offered. The entire Midgar location is being done. We are going to see sectors and other parts of Midgar not in the original giving room to create fresh stories, activities, fights, sidequest ext to keep are extended stay at Midgar freash.

Around the Network

classic mode ? with old fightsystem or elements ?! Thats fantastic !!!!

haxxiy said:

10 - 15 years is fairly standard for fantasy or science fiction book series. But I don't think it will take that long. Besides, Square Enix owes us nothing. A remake wouldn't even exist in any form unless they had allowed. If there's no part 2, patience. Life will go on.

Also, @Majin-Tenshinhan, so far you posted nothing about the Remake but how terribly concerned you are about this project, how every single idea is disastrous, and how terrible the future of the project could turn out to be -- all based on no empirical evidence but your own imagination and inane extrapolation. So, uh, please excuse people around here if criticism being leveled back at criticism bothers you so much, when much of it ressembles nothing but concern trolling.

Your post makes very little sense concerning the criticism came before I voiced those views :P I think you should look over what you're posting before you post it.

Hiku said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

However, when you keep saying that a 60-hour game is a good thing, this is a 60-hour game focusing on Midgar. That sounds incredibly dull to me,

I specifically said that the 60 hour/2 Blu Ray disc thing addresses the concerns that the game may be 15-20 hours long (which there has been an abundance of comments about after people heard it was going to be Episodic, quoting Telltalle Games), or that their aim is to add meaningless filler content they're not passionate about.

I did not claim that this is simply a universally 'good thing'.

As for focusing on Midgar, of all the games I've played, Midgar may be the most interesting city concept I've seen. And I say concept because the majority of it was left unexplored. But rather than where it takes place, it's what happens that was the most interesting to me. And they can have just about anything occur in it, as we see in the trailers.

I can understand not being as interested in Midgar if we already knew most of what it has to offer. But we don't. It's such a diverse place with potential for a large variety of experiences.
And acquiring Summons in Midgar instead of finding one randomly on a beach is not inherently less interesting, just because it's Midgar. The focus was on the event itself, and not necessarily where it occurred. And that was true for a lot of events in the original game, imo.
Spiderman is less interesting because it takes place in one city?

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
This could be something that takes 10 years to tell the original FF7 story, and that's just not very interesting to some of us.

It's going to tell a lot more than just the original FF7 story.
I get if people just wanted the same story with better graphics. And I understood that back in 2015 as well. But at what point are people going to accept that that's not what this game is? What is the point of complaining about this for 5 years?

We can't have a single FF7 thread without someone complaining about a game that never existed, and never will, even when the topic doesn't call for it. It's getting pretty tiring at this point. Can we make a single topic for you guys to vent all your frustration about this?
Or is this going to come up again for the 5000th time when I post a thread about Tifa's new gloves?

~Edit~
I see other people expressed the same sentiments as I was typing that.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Square-Enix have already shown us with FF15's second wave of episode DLC that they have absolutely no qualms announcing something in-depth and then going back on it entirely. What guarantee do we have that they're even going to make a part two?

Episode Aranea, a side/expansion story, is not the same as having a beginning, middle and end for the core game. Even if there are lose ends.

I don't believe there's any realistic scenario where they don't finish the game. In a worst case scenario I can see, FF7 sells very poorly (highly unlikely), and they decide to wrap it up in Part 2 instead of Part 3.

First of all, thank you for addressing opposing views in a manner that actually invites debate instead of simply berating people who don't agree with you. It's a nice change of pace from some others in this thread :p

I feel like a big thing here is that I'm being lumped in with a bunch of haters I've never interacted with and never seen posts from, though? This is my first time ever commenting on the FF7 remake since its very first announcement because, quite frankly, I was instantly turned off by most of the things they said about it. These latest trailers changed that - they made me think that it might be something for me after all, problem is, the misgivings I have about certain aspects of the project don't magically disappear. I don't think it's conductive or helpful for fans to blatantly disregard potential new consumers who have concerns. Please note, I don't feel you are really doing this since you're clearly stating your points and accepting opposing views, but this thread as a whole has been really telling.

I think that I've properly explained what my concerns about this game are, and you've explained your counterpoints well. We disagree, but I think we can both see each other's perspectives, yes? So as far as I'm concerned, we might as well put a pin in it here. I don't know about you, but I feel like I've gained something from the discussion, at least.

As for the project itself, has it been confirmed that it's going to be specifically 3 parts, or are you simply speculating? It's been a long time since I played FF7 but it feels like if it's meant to be 3 parts that having just Midgar in the first part seems a bit small, but I might be misremembering how long it was in the original game.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

sounds dull and boring ? dont buy , dont waste money, this will not change because people like you cant get over it and derail every fucking thread complaining, if its so dull to you forget it exists and let others talk in peace without these threads became a bitch and moan derail fest , people said its get tiresome, i say it got tiresome years ages ago.

You literally did not read my posts and should not respond to them when you didn't. Don't get caught up on a single sequence of words, read the actual content instead of instantly proving the exact point I was making in my latest one.

Hiku said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

First of all, thank you for addressing opposing views in a manner that actually invites debate instead of simply berating people who don't agree with you. It's a nice change of pace from some others in this thread :p

I feel like a big thing here is that I'm being lumped in with a bunch of haters I've never interacted with and never seen posts from, though? This is my first time ever commenting on the FF7 remake since its very first announcement because, quite frankly, I was instantly turned off by most of the things they said about it. These latest trailers changed that - they made me think that it might be something for me after all, problem is, the misgivings I have about certain aspects of the project don't magically disappear. I don't think it's conductive or helpful for fans to blatantly disregard potential new consumers who have concerns. Please note, I don't feel you are really doing this since you're clearly stating your points and accepting opposing views, but this thread as a whole has been really telling.

I think that I've properly explained what my concerns about this game are, and you've explained your counterpoints well. We disagree, but I think we can both see each other's perspectives, yes? So as far as I'm concerned, we might as well put a pin in it here. I don't know about you, but I feel like I've gained something from the discussion, at least.

As for the project itself, has it been confirmed that it's going to be specifically 3 parts, or are you simply speculating? It's been a long time since I played FF7 but it feels like if it's meant to be 3 parts that having just Midgar in the first part seems a bit small, but I might be misremembering how long it was in the original game.

Sorry, let me clarify. And I'll edit my previous post afterwards to reflect this. When I said "complain about", I was mainly referring to the ones who "bring this up" out of nowhere. And that was not you.
I also chose to engage in this discussion, like you. Mainly because I wanted to understand some viewpoints that were/are unclear to me.
But it's getting to a point where people are (understandably so) frustrated that this is brought up in almost every FF7 thread that doesn't call for the subject.
Just two days ago it happened in another FF7 thread, by at least one person. Who then went on to say that he suspects the game will be 40 hours, filled with content they're not passionate about, just to fill it out to make a full game, even though Square went on record saying its a full game 60h+ experience on two Blu Rays. (If their goal was just to put in enough uninspired content to make it barely pass as a full game, I wouldn't expect two Blu Rays. Let alone with the level of polish we see in the trailers.) That's why I brought it up earlier.

And I understand what you mean about some blanket statements being made, so I tried not to do that.

I think the only thing that may be a little bit hard for me to picture is disliking the idea of Midgar to the point where it's particularly concerning before seeing it. Being less excited about it than me, I understand that. Not everyone is looking forward to hanging out with Jesse. But because they can do so much in a place like that, some of which we've already seen in the trailers, and because I have played games that take place in one city that I've enjoyed, I'm not sure where exactly they are coming from. So I try to ask questions to better understand it.

The 3 Part comment was just me making an example. I was thinking of the Xenosaga series, that was planned to be 6 Episodes, but was wrapped up in Episode 3 after Epi 2 was received poorly. (Mainly thanks to Namco meddling in the development process.)
We don't know exactly how many games this will be yet. And I'm not sure they specified that it will definitely only be Midgar, but I think it at least sounded like it would be the majority of the game, iirc. But I wouldn't expect more than Midgar, unless they specify otherwise.

But regarding your last sentence, if it was just the same Midgar portion of the original game, then in terms of length it would be pretty short. But as I assume you've seen, there are a lot of things going on in Midgar now that didn't happen in the original.

Also, not related to anything we talked about, but since someone I spoke to just now had missed this, in case you have as well, they added a Classic Mode to the game where the ATB gauge fills up over time, rather than building up when you do combos. So it essentially plays like the original. Turn based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3_sUZc8bTI&feature=youtu.be&t=440

@ 7:20

Yes, I saw. I didn't even mind the new combat system, but I think it's super interesting that they've got it both ways now. I'd probably play the new system if I played it, but if I ended up not liking it I could just switch to the old way. I think that's really cool.