By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake TGS Live Shows Presentation (new gameplay, sumon, classic ATB battle mode, Squat minigames , Aerith and Tifa combat system)

Tagged games:

Vodacixi said:
think-man said:

Whole episode thing is over exaggerated, you are still getting a full length game. 

Here we go again...

It's overrated for you. For people who expect to experience the full FF VII story in one game, it definetly isn't. They will have to buy God knows how many different games. Each entry is gonna be a full game, we get that. And that's great for people like you who only care about how much time they can invest into this episodic experience. But for many other people, wondering how many games they will have to buy and how many years they'll have to wait for each one to launch... for a remake of a game that launched as a single title is definetly a major concern.

Just to add to your point, I can’t help but think about the Hobbit movies.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Vodacixi said:

Here we go again...

It's overrated for you. For people who expect to experience the full FF VII story in one game, it definetly isn't. They will have to buy God knows how many different games. Each entry is gonna be a full game, we get that. And that's great for people like you who only care about how much time they can invest into this episodic experience. But for many other people, wondering how many games they will have to buy and how many years they'll have to wait for each one to launch... for a remake of a game that launched as a single title is definetly a major concern.

The purpose of remake is to bring all the content that previously unavailable because of hardware limitation and budget constraint, not include to add several others perspective from Crisis core, and dirge of cerberus and all minigames inside FF7 universe, and also the new perspective of open world and much bigger area. 

For an example just look how big Resident Evil 2 remake is even it's still linear level and stage, FF7 remake will transform from 2d still image perspective of FF7 classic to 3d open area and world, imagine how many content they need to put to bring the world full of mission and others thing to do. 

I don't care about the purpose of this particular remake (although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers). All I know is that Final Fantasy VII was a single game in 1997... and the remake is going to be an unknown number of games that will release at an unknown date on unknown platforms. Also, I shall remember that this remake was announced in 2015 and the first "episode", "part" or "entry" is gonna launch on 2020. So, uncertainty is definetly there.

If none of that is concerning for some of you, great for you guys. But you'll have to admit that it CAN be a concearn for many other people. Can we agree with that at least?

I am not a big fan of FF, played some titles, I have no urge to play it on day 1. I'll wait for the PC release cause I will play with nude mode (on female characters only off course).

CuCabeludo said:

I am not a big fan of FF, played some titles, I have no urge to play it on day 1. I'll wait for the PC release cause I will play with nude mode (on female characters only off course).

Thank you for clarifying that. 

Vodacixi said:
HollyGamer said:

The purpose of remake is to bring all the content that previously unavailable because of hardware limitation and budget constraint, not include to add several others perspective from Crisis core, and dirge of cerberus and all minigames inside FF7 universe, and also the new perspective of open world and much bigger area. 

For an example just look how big Resident Evil 2 remake is even it's still linear level and stage, FF7 remake will transform from 2d still image perspective of FF7 classic to 3d open area and world, imagine how many content they need to put to bring the world full of mission and others thing to do. 

I don't care about the purpose of this particular remake (although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers). All I know is that Final Fantasy VII was a single game in 1997... and the remake is going to be an unknown number of games that will release at an unknown date on unknown platforms. Also, I shall remember that this remake was announced in 2015 and the first "episode", "part" or "entry" is gonna launch on 2020. So, uncertainty is definetly there.

If none of that is concerning for some of you, great for you guys. But you'll have to admit that it CAN be a concearn for many other people. Can we agree with that at least?

It's not made up, it's all there, logically, what i am said based on logic conclusion on how remake will be made. FF7 universe is big if we include all the other games and all the cut content and not include how big Midgar Is. And also the games was from the beginning are meant to be more then just to bring old stories but expanded beyond that. We will get more stories from Jessie and other avalence group as well. 

I am not saying you are not allowed to be concern, I am just saying episodic is not the the right words to describe it.  

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
think-man said:

Whole episode thing is over exaggerated, you are still getting a full length game. 

Here we go again...

And for people like you that game already exists. 

think-man said:
Vodacixi said:

Here we go again...

Is there already a full remake of FF VII with updated visuals and a more dynamic battle system that is not sold like some fascicles at the bookstore?

HollyGamer said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
It definitely looks better than I ever expected it to, but I'm still deeply concerned with this whole episodic content nonsense unless they dropped that.

The problem is no one able to produce that kind of games in the limited amount of time. The games is just to big

So, you're telling us that Monolith Soft can make Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: The Golden Country... two of them new open world games, one a 30 hours expansion... all of these three with a not so big budget (said by the game director)... while helping EAD with Breath of the Wild... in about 7-8 years

... but Square Enix, with a AAA budget can't make the first entry of an episodic remake of an existing game in less than 5 years? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this.

Vodacixi said:
think-man said:

Is there already a full remake of FF VII with updated visuals and a more dynamic battle system that is not sold like some fascicles at the bookstore?

Can you explain how to remake a full 3d open world without adding anything new and other content. Or perhaps you want to see midgar full of empty space and Cloud running around like idiot on Midgar. 

Vodacixi said:
HollyGamer said:

The problem is no one able to produce that kind of games in the limited amount of time. The games is just to big

So, you're telling us that Monolith Soft can make Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: The Golden Country... two of them new open world games, one a 30 hours expansion... all of these three with a not so big budget (said by the game director)... while helping EAD with Breath of the Wild... in about 7-8 years

... but Square Enix, with a AAA budget can't make the first entry of an episodic remake of an existing game in less than 5 years? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this.

Talk to me again after Monolith Software make a full "remake  " of Xenoblade X.