By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake TGS Live Shows Presentation (new gameplay, sumon, classic ATB battle mode, Squat minigames , Aerith and Tifa combat system)

Tagged games:

HollyGamer said:
Vodacixi said:

So, you're telling us that Monolith Soft can make Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: The Golden Country... two of them new open world games, one a 30 hours expansion... all of these three with a not so big budget (said by the game director)... while helping EAD with Breath of the Wild... in about 7-8 years

... but Square Enix, with a AAA budget can't make the first entry of an episodic remake of an existing game in less than 5 years? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this.

Talk to me again after Monolith Software make a full "remake  " of Xenoblade X. 

So, you're comparing two NEW open world games that have to go a full development cycle AND a 30 hours expansion WHILE helping with Breath of the Wild... with a single remake of a relatively small section of the original game (yeah, it has been expanded, no shit Sherlock)... which can save tons of time in conceptual designs, story, characters and composing music by working on the original game work? LOL

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Vodacixi said:

Is there already a full remake of FF VII with updated visuals and a more dynamic battle system that is not sold like some fascicles at the bookstore?

Can you explain how to remake a full 3d open world without adding anything new and other content. Or perhaps you want to see midgar full of empty space and Cloud running around like idiot on Midgar. 

Can you tell me which remake of a single section of the original title (even if it's expanded and full of life and detail) can take almost 5 years of developing?

This Remake will be awesome, even If it will be cut in more episodes

Vodacixi said:
HollyGamer said:

The purpose of remake is to bring all the content that previously unavailable because of hardware limitation and budget constraint, not include to add several others perspective from Crisis core, and dirge of cerberus and all minigames inside FF7 universe, and also the new perspective of open world and much bigger area. 

For an example just look how big Resident Evil 2 remake is even it's still linear level and stage, FF7 remake will transform from 2d still image perspective of FF7 classic to 3d open area and world, imagine how many content they need to put to bring the world full of mission and others thing to do. 

I don't care about the purpose of this particular remake (although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers). All I know is that Final Fantasy VII was a single game in 1997... and the remake is going to be an unknown number of games that will release at an unknown date on unknown platforms. Also, I shall remember that this remake was announced in 2015 and the first "episode", "part" or "entry" is gonna launch on 2020. So, uncertainty is definetly there.

If none of that is concerning for some of you, great for you guys. But you'll have to admit that it CAN be a concearn for many other people. Can we agree with that at least?

To me it just highlights how little you know about modern game development. If you honestly thought SE could remake FFVII in full to today's standards in a single game. Then i don't know what to say, considering the first part fits on two disks it should tell you something. 

think-man said:
Vodacixi said:

I don't care about the purpose of this particular remake (although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers). All I know is that Final Fantasy VII was a single game in 1997... and the remake is going to be an unknown number of games that will release at an unknown date on unknown platforms. Also, I shall remember that this remake was announced in 2015 and the first "episode", "part" or "entry" is gonna launch on 2020. So, uncertainty is definetly there.

If none of that is concerning for some of you, great for you guys. But you'll have to admit that it CAN be a concearn for many other people. Can we agree with that at least?

To me it just highlights how little you know about modern game development. If you honestly thought SE could remake FFVII in full to today's standards in a single game. Then i don't know what to say, considering the first part fits on two disks it should tell you something. 

Pointing my supposed ignorance about something without countering any of my arguments or saying why I'm ignorant it's a very pathetic way of admiting defeat on your part. But hey, I'll take it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
It definitely looks better than I ever expected it to, but I'm still deeply concerned with this whole episodic content nonsense unless they dropped that.

Whole episode thing is over exaggerated, you are still getting a full length game. 

That full length game have the full story of FFVII? WOW, didn't know that

HollyGamer said:
Vodacixi said:

So, you're telling us that Monolith Soft can make Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: The Golden Country... two of them new open world games, one a 30 hours expansion... all of these three with a not so big budget (said by the game director)... while helping EAD with Breath of the Wild... in about 7-8 years

... but Square Enix, with a AAA budget can't make the first entry of an episodic remake of an existing game in less than 5 years? I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this.

They are remaking XC1 now, the next 2 years could be XCX turn. Also, they don't need a full remake for a 3D open world game on Wii U, neither the necessary of multi parts for the full plot even with additional story

HoangNhatAnh said:
think-man said:

Whole episode thing is over exaggerated, you are still getting a full length game. 

That full length game have the full story of FFVII? WOW, didn't know that

HollyGamer said:

They are remaking XC1 now, the next 2 years could be XCX turn. Also, they don't need a full remake for a 3D open world game on Wii U, neither the necessary of multi parts for the full plot even with additional story

Please tell me where i said full story? 

Vodacixi said:
think-man said:

Pointing my supposed ignorance about something without countering any of my arguments or saying why I'm ignorant it's a very pathetic way of admiting defeat on your part. But hey, I'll take it.

Perhaps you should read what i said again, because there I said it very clearly. 

Hiku said:
Vodacixi said:
They will have to buy God knows how many different games. Each entry is gonna be a full game, we get that. And that's great for people like you who only care about how much time they can invest into this episodic experience. But for many other people, wondering how many games they will have to buy and how many years they'll have to wait for each one to launch... for a remake of a game that launched as a single title is definetly a major concern.

How many games someone has to buy (within reason) is not a problem if you enjoy each game to the point that they're all worth the purchase.

I can understand if someone plays them and doesn't like them.
But the problem is people convincing themselves about things there are no indications of. For example you said "(although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers)"

And it's particularly surprising now, and probably the reason why @think-man said it was over exaggerated, because time and time again, Square Enix has systematically addressed each of the so called "concerns", with each presentation.

"Episodic? I bet they're gonna charge full price for a 15 hour game."
Square Enix: "This will be a full game 60h+ experience, on two Blu-Ray discs"

"Action based? I bet it's just going to be mashing with no strategy."
Square Enix: *Shows video of a single boss fight with possibly more strategic elements than the entire original game.*

"It's going to suck for us who prefer turn based."
Square Enix: We have integrated the turn based ATB system into the action based combat.

"That's not enough!"
Square Enix: Ok, here's a mode that transforms the entire combat system into nothing but turn based ATB.

"But I still suspect they are making this up to milk us for money."
Square Enix: Releases trailer that shows an incredible amount of passion and detail being poured into the game.

It's not a coincidence that the only people complaining about these things are the same people who say "This is not how I would have done it."
These ideas are derived from their own bias. And vice versa.

This is exactly what I, and many other people, wanted them to do. And because of that, coupled with the fact that they've shown me nothing but incredible passion for this game, there is little reason for me to suspect ill intent.

I understand if some people just wanted a close to 1:1 remake. But you also have to understand that wanting to expand on the the game like this does not mean someone is lying.

They're making the game into a 60h+ full game experience, on two Blu-Ray discs. What part of that sounds like they're just trying to put in enough content so that they can sell it at full price? How many other games have you played that are on on two Blu Rays? Let alone games that look THIS detailed?

That's why it's still mind boggling to hear some of these complaints.
Not wanting it to be multiple games, that's fine. I get it. But claiming that they're lying, etc, seems ridiculous at this point after all we've seen.

When people say "The original was just one game", that just makes it seem like they don't understand. 
The original had pre-rendered backgrounds, which they now have to recreate into not only real time graphics, but highly detailed impressive even for 2020 graphics at that.
In the original game they generally wouldn't have to worry about many object 'not looking detailed enough'. Hell, Cloud didn't even have a mouth. 
But now, essentially anything they design is expected to have a high standard of detail.

This was unlikely ever going to be a single game to begin with. But when you have only one chance to do a remake of what is probably the defining work of your entire life, then yes, there will be people on the team who would want to do it thoroughly. Let's see the rest of Midgar. Let's get to know Biggs, Wedge and Jesse more. And all the ideas they had 20 years ago, but couldn't implement. Or ideas they've thought of since then.

Everything they've shown so far indicates that their state of mind is the same as mine, and Maximillian Dood, and many other people.

Couldn't have said it better myself. At first i wasn't a fan of the episodes but after doing some research I realized that it's actually an awesome idea, i mean now we can get so much more story and lore of FFVII than what would have ever been possible if it was a single game. They can expand on characters we knew hardly anything about. Look at how much screen time Jesse gets now. Furthermore having played the game myself, I'm nothing short of hyped. 

Hiku said:
Vodacixi said:
They will have to buy God knows how many different games. Each entry is gonna be a full game, we get that. And that's great for people like you who only care about how much time they can invest into this episodic experience. But for many other people, wondering how many games they will have to buy and how many years they'll have to wait for each one to launch... for a remake of a game that launched as a single title is definetly a major concern.

How many games someone has to buy (within reason) is not a problem if you enjoy each game to the point that they're all worth the purchase.

I can understand if someone plays them and doesn't like them.
But the problem is people convincing themselves about things there are no indications of. For example you said "(although I think that those reasons are basically made up by you or the developers)"

And it's particularly surprising now, and probably the reason why @think-man said it was over exaggerated, because time and time again, Square Enix has systematically addressed each of the so called "concerns", with each presentation.

"Episodic? I bet they're gonna charge full price for a 15 hour game."
Square Enix: "This will be a full game 60h+ experience, on two Blu-Ray discs"

"Action based? I bet it's just going to be mashing with no strategy."
Square Enix: *Shows video of a single boss fight with possibly more strategic elements than the entire original game.*

"It's going to suck for us who prefer turn based."
Square Enix: We have integrated the turn based ATB system into the action based combat.

"That's not enough!"
Square Enix: Ok, here's a mode that transforms the entire combat system into nothing but turn based ATB.

"But I still suspect they are making this up to milk us for money."
Square Enix: Releases trailer that shows an incredible amount of passion and detail being poured into the game.

It's not a coincidence that the only people complaining about these things are the same people who say "This is not how I would have done it."
These ideas are derived from their own bias. And vice versa.

This is exactly what I, and many other people, wanted them to do. And because of that, coupled with the fact that they've shown me nothing but incredible passion for this game, there is little reason for me to suspect ill intent.

I understand if some people just wanted a close to 1:1 remake. But you also have to understand that wanting to expand on the the game like this does not mean someone is lying.

They're making the game into a 60h+ full game experience, on two Blu-Ray discs. What part of that sounds like they're just trying to put in enough content so that they can sell it at full price? How many other games have you played that are on on two Blu Rays? Let alone games that look THIS detailed?

That's why it's still mind boggling to hear some of these complaints.
Not wanting it to be multiple games, that's fine. I get it. But claiming that they're lying, etc, seems ridiculous at this point after all we've seen.

When people say "The original was just one game", that just makes it seem like they don't understand. 
The original had pre-rendered backgrounds, which they now have to recreate into not only real time graphics, but highly detailed impressive even for 2020 graphics at that.
In the original game they generally wouldn't have to worry about many object 'not looking detailed enough'. Hell, Cloud didn't even have a mouth. 
But now, essentially anything they design is expected to have a high standard of detail.

This was unlikely ever going to be a single game to begin with. But when you have only one chance to do a remake of what is probably the defining work of your entire life, then yes, there will be people on the team who would want to do it thoroughly. Let's see the rest of Midgar. Let's get to know Biggs, Wedge and Jesse more. And all the ideas they had 20 years ago, but couldn't implement. Or ideas they've thought of since then.

Everything they've shown so far indicates that their state of mind is the same as mine, and Maximillian Dood, and many other people.

Look, if you want to convience yourself that dividing the game into a number of parts it's the best course of action and something you'll enjoy, that's fine. I don't have any problems with people actually liking this way to proceed.

But don't try to convience someone that has made some valid points about why they don't like this situation so vehemently. Because non of what you said counters anything I said.

I never said anything about the combat, the duration, or a lack of passion from the developers. My only complaint is the episodic release of the remake. I also don't care that it's 15 hours long or 60 or 200. That's not my point. My points are:

1. It's gonna take a LOOOOONG time to get Final Fantasy VII remade in its enterity. Like... it took them 5 years to do the first part and we don't know how many are in the works. So 10 (best case) to 15 years in a worst case scenario in total is not too far fetched.

2. As such, the upcoming entries will more likely be on next gen machines. So, unless you buy a PS5 or you're playing on PC, you're probably gonna have to buy next gen hardware if you want to have the full Final Fantasy VII Remake experience. Which is, in my opinion, pretty crazy.

3. We're gonna have to pay two or more full 60 dollar games in order to have the experience that we originally had in one single release. Best case scenerio, we spend 120 dollars in FF VII Remake. Worst case... 180... or more. Who knows. To me, no matter how much content they add or how amazing it looks, it's something to be worried about.

I insist: if non of these are concerns to you, I understand. I'm not taking that away from you. I get you. The game looks insane. Visually amazing, the gameplay looks fresh, original an engaging. The musical arrangements are fabulous and it appears to have tons of content. I get it. It's gonna be a great game. And you're willing to have the game divided into multiple releases if they all are this good and all add enough lore and elements. Awesome, good for you.

But as I said before: UNDERSTAND that there are other people that are concearned by the everything I said. It's not about how good the game is to them. Is about everything else I point out. That's all I ask from all of you.