By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Walkthrough Vol 2: Safe House and Kojima antics - 30 Minutes

The more I see of Death Stranding just creates more questions, the "answers" don't really lead to anything.

Around the Network
Eric2048 said:

I'm not really sure what to say about this game. It may end up being a niche title that sells decently, or it may surprise everyone and turn out to be something amazing.

I think if anything the worst thing about Death Stranding is that if it ends up utter crap, it will still sell very well. 

It's not great when a game developer can basically go unchecked because the name on the box and the marketing campaign ensures a huge hit is on their hands either way. 

The same thing sort of happened to Days Gone, not saying that game is awful but even with a lot of criticism and Playstation having very high expectations for their exclusive titles, it still ended up selling amazingly ... and if anything the fact that it was received as mediocre oddly made people want to defend it more.

I don't think there's any universe where this game doesn't get amazing critical praise and sales across the board. Simply won't happen. I do think it's possible though that a large amount of people will be disappointed with the title when they pick it up, though even if that were to happen they'd probably get drowned out anyways. 

Zoombael said:
Wyrdness said:

You're way off the mark here going by what has been shown.

Way off? Naw, don't think so. And imagine the same kind of people with negative reaction towards the Death Stranding Walkthrough, watching 50 minutes long SotC footage.

While skipping through the walkthrough i became actually interested in the game. It more deep and diverse in gameplay than i'd assumed.

Nope you're still way off 50 minutes of SOTC and 50 minutes of DS aren't even comparable from what's been shown, SOTC the goal was clear from the start when it was shown despite being different from all other games the main draw was understandable here DS just looks different for the sake of being different with no real understandable draw to the game.

New day, new session.

Wyrdness said:
Zoombael said:

Way off? Naw, don't think so. And imagine the same kind of people with negative reaction towards the Death Stranding Walkthrough, watching 50 minutes long SotC footage.

While skipping through the walkthrough i became actually interested in the game. It more deep and diverse in gameplay than i'd assumed.

Nope you're still way off 50 minutes of SOTC and 50 minutes of DS aren't even comparable from what's been shown, SOTC the goal was clear from the start when it was shown despite being different from all other games the main draw was understandable here DS just looks different for the sake of being different with no real understandable draw to the game.

Never said the two games are comparable, what should be obvious with even just a glimpse. Otherwise id have clearly stated that. Which i didn't.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Wyrdness said:

Never said the two games are comparable, what should be obvious with even just a glimpse. Otherwise id have clearly stated that. Which i didn't.

Except SOTC at a glimpse is obvious what the goal is that's why the comparison is off as in SOTC in a glimpse you see the player trying to scale a boss to defeat it in any trailer or media that alone tells you everything unlike here in DS where in around 2 hours of media shown people still don't know wtf is going on. 2 hours of SOTC you'd see a Colossus tracked and taken down.

What I saw was what I was expecting. I'm still sold. It seems like a deliberate slow game involving mystery, exploration, surviving, gear management and a fewer battles than the usual open world adventure game.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?