By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Fit Game (Ring Fit Adventure™)

Interest Level?

Getting at launch! 9 24.32%

Might pick it up eventually 11 29.73%

Leaning towards no 3 8.11%

Not a chance! 13 35.14%

Other 1 2.70%

Total:37

It's too early to say, but I'm starting to have a feeling this will perform fairly well; annoyingly we may never really know as Nintendo tend to only give exact lifetime numbers for their top 10 selling games, and even if it's a success, this ain't gonna make that club.

It's times like this I miss VGChartz having software tracking.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It's too early to say, but I'm starting to have a feeling this will perform fairly well; annoyingly we may never really know as Nintendo tend to only give exact lifetime numbers for their top 10 selling games, and even if it's a success, this ain't gonna make that club.

We'll at least get quarterly updates if it reaches over a million, right? Which it seems like it'll probably have no trouble doing.

HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:

We'll at least get quarterly updates if it reaches over a million, right? Which it seems like it'll probably have no trouble doing.

I think that's only for quarters it sells over a million in, so probably only this quarter.

Sales looks to be solid for the launch. It could be moderate green title for Nintendo.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Pyro as Bill said:

Sales up 5% for Week 2 in the UK. Overwatch down 37%, Witcher 3 down 68%.

Still not a single 2nd hand unit sold on Ebay or Amazon.

Sounded unbelievable after 11 days on sales, I have just checked right now for France, and same as you. Only new products on sale.

Around the Network

I think this one could be a huge sleeper hit on the level of Just Dance. Especially if they have updates like “Super Mario RPG Ring Fit expansion.”

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I bought it, played it 2 times. It's great. More intense than I thought it would be. but still waiting for wii sport 2 or resort or club whatever...
I agree, they must update it because I'm not sure I wil play it some month in the future if its the same games and stuff.

Please support planet earth with ecosia and support me by visiting my website

I'm likely going to be playing this until such a time as something better comes out. And this is from someone who has played Wii Fit and its sequels semi-regularly since it launched. Now that I am getting further into Ring Fit Adventure, I think this makes sense as the successor. While on the surface it may look more limited than Wii Fit, a large number of the exercises are in there, and then they added a lot more.

Q: Why do you say it is NOT more limited than Wii Fit?
A: Because it is not merely about pulling and pressing the ring, the game uses the ring as a means to track your hand and arm positioning, while the leg joycon tracks your leg movement. As a result, positioning is superior to Wii Fit. You can do almost everything with Ring Fit that you can on Wii Fit except pushup tracking (which was kind of shit on Wii Fit anyway due to the small size of the board, especially for Germanic European types and certain African groups who are taller and broader of shoulders than other peoples). So, all of those yoga exercises, aerobics, strength, AND balance exercises can be done on Ring Fit without the need of the balance board. The Joycons are a wonderful piece of technology.

And speaking of Joycon technology...

Vitality Sensor technology is IN the Joycon! At least to a certain degree. The Joycons can track your pulse, this was a surprise to me. If Nintendo mentioned it, I didn't hear it, and it seems like something that would have interested me.

Now, I really want to know what sort of health products Nintendo has down the line. This is totally a direction they should keep going down, and there's a lot more they can do with the Ring, it shouldn't just stop with Ring Fit Adventure - they can really expand on this adventure/RPG Fitness genre. Third parties should take note, and third parties SHOULD work with Nintendo, as it's kind of silly to try to go your own way (like EA did on the Wii... good intentions, but the product was not very responsive and help from Nintendo could have really made it into something great).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So I think it's safe to say at this point that this is what Nintendo's long-in-gestation QoL project turned into. (And, 10 years after its announcement, the vitality sensor, lulz)

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I think that's only for quarters it sells over a million in, so probably only this quarter.

Nintendo makes a list of first party published games that exceeded 1m units during a fiscal year and said list also includes an LTD figure, so total sales will be known for games that repeatedly make it on the list. Ring Fit Adventure is the kind of game that can push 1m+ units during its second fiscal year, so even if it doesn't show up in the easily accessible top 10, its sales can be kept track off.

So RFA shipments will be known for sure with the fiscal year results that will be released in late April 2020 and in late April 2021 we'll either get an updated figure for RFA or at the very least know that it added less than 1m units to its LTD total during its second fiscal year.

Additionally, it can be reasonably expected that Nintendo will mention RFA sales when they present the fiscal results for the holiday quarter, so in late January 2020.

Cheers, I look forward to its sales with great interest then. I'm not expecting the second coming of Wii Fit or Just Dance, but I think it could go on to be moderately successful.

Pyro as Bill said:

Sales up 5% for Week 2 in the UK. Overwatch down 37%, Witcher 3 down 68%.

Still not a single 2nd hand unit sold on Ebay or Amazon.

Sales down 21% for Week 3.

One used copy selling/sold on Ebay since launch.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!