By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War - Metacritic (currently 85)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'll probably sign up for Xbox Game Pass on PC for this game.

Xbox game pass is the best deal in gaming right now. Microsoft should make a 200 dollar xbox with one year of xbox game pass. 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'll probably sign up for Xbox Game Pass on PC for this game.

Xbox game pass is the best deal in gaming right now. Microsoft should make a 200 dollar xbox with one year of xbox game pass. 

Yeah it seems the new gamepass subscriptions are insane. Also a lot of pc players seems like 30% of the people play it on pc based on my experience playing it online, Expect some news next week.

Pemalite said:
Should also mention that there is a big divide between user and professional scores on Metacritic.

Gears 4 was: 6.9 user.
Gears 5 was 8.8 user.

Clearly the actual reviews aren't reflecting gamers experiences.

Yea, seems like it.

Gears 5 Metacritic PC User Score 7.1

Gears 5 Steam Mixed 50% Negative

Hunting Season is done...

I may have to check this out while my gamepass is active. Did not have very high expectations but this seems like the one of the first MS games I have felt like I needed to play in a LONG time.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
I may have to check this out while my gamepass is active. Did not have very high expectations but this seems like the one of the first MS games I have felt like I needed to play in a LONG time.

When you play it, post your thoughts. I wasn't hyped up to play it because of Gears 4 but I still wound up playing it on day one thanks to Game Pass. It didn't take long before I was truly impressed. Unfortunately, you have to go through a boring tutorial section before the greatness can begin.

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Pemalite said:
Should also mention that there is a big divide between user and professional scores on Metacritic.

Gears 5 was 8.8 user.

Yea, seems like it.

Gears 5 on PC has also copped the brunt of the troll reviews. I understand all games have them but it seems the PC version of Gears 5 has copped it hard. Gamers are holding a personal grudge over MS games rather then respecting what is a good game.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this one..

Loony toons graphics!? On the PC version? That would have been funny if this didn't actually add to the User score.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 14 September 2019

Zoombael said:
Pemalite said:

Gears 5 was 8.8 user.

Yea, seems like it.

Would be very weird if people that paid those bargain prices for Gamepass would value this game so low as this. On a cost benefit hardly you'll find a game this good, this cheap near launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Zoombael said:

Yea, seems like it.

Would be very weird if people that paid those bargain prices for Gamepass would value this game so low as this. On a cost benefit hardly you'll find a game this good, this cheap near launch.

And this is why Gamepass is bad for videogames. People accepting mediocrity because it’s coming at a bargain price. Some of us just want a quality piece of entertainment at a fair price. 

Sarkar said:
DonFerrari said:

And this is why Gamepass is bad for videogames. People accepting mediocrity because it’s coming at a bargain price. Some of us just want a quality piece of entertainment at a fair price. 

Could be true if Gears 5 were mediocrity. And 60 is a fair price for a quality game.

And people have always accepted inferior product for a lower price as long as they make their own interpretation that they are getting a better value this way.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sarkar said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you calling Gears 5 mediocre?

What didnt you like about it from your personal experience?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 26 September 2019