By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

Can't wait for the people who played only Xenoblade 2 and thought it was great to actually play this masterpiece. Cannot wait!

Around the Network

Which is the best Xenoblade game? Always wanted to play this on an emulator, but never got the chance.

brendude13 said:
Which is the best Xenoblade game? Always wanted to play this on an emulator, but never got the chance.

It depends. All three Xenoblade games excell at some things... and are lacking in some other areas. However, the most balanced of them all is the first Xenoblade Chronicles. And knowing that the Definitive Edition will most likely fix some of its weakest areas (visuals is already a given), I think that this version will become clearly the best Xeno Chronicles of them all.

curl-6 said:

And I like cute, sassy young blondes over snobby grey-haired 88 year olds. ;)

Good man. *fist bumps*

To be honest though,

Spoiler!
I completely forgot that Melia had a thing for Shulk until I saw a meme comparing her to Nia. It just didn't seem like a significant plot point, and Melia's most important character arcs were Shulkless anyway.
brendude13 said:

Of the three, I preferred XC2, the characters were more memorable to me and the artstyle was the most appealing, but playing XC1 will give a greater appreciation of 2 I find. Not completely necessary, but the two games work very nicely as a pair and both are very high-caliber JRPGs. It might be worth waiting for the XC1 remake to try to get into the series, and if you like it give 2 and its expansion a try afterwards.

I could never get into XCX, the Wii U game, but its not necessarily bad either. It just plays more like a western sci-fi than a fantasy RPG, and uses more open world RPG conventions than the Japanese RPG ones. If that sounds more appealing to you though, I'd give it a shot.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

routsounmanman said:
Can't wait for the people who played only Xenoblade 2 and thought it was great to actually play this masterpiece. Cannot wait!

To me, XC1 have overall better plot and characters. But character development and romantic relationship? XC1 got nothing on 2. In 1, Shulk is just a revenge guy then befriended his own enemy, while in 2, Rex is a child at the beginning and became a mature guy in the end. Also, Shulk childhood had Fiora, Reyn, Dunban - brother figure and Dickson - father figure, but Rex had really no one and he had to get a job for money since very young age. About relationship, Shulk x Fiora is like 2 scenes only at the seashore, and Rex x Pyra is many scenes from the beginning to the end. Gameplay combat and side quest, 2>1 to majority people. The music is depend on your own preference, so let say they are even. So nope, compared to 2, 1 is better in some ways and worse in others

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
brendude13 said:

It depends. All three Xenoblade games excell at some things... and are lacking in some other areas. However, the most balanced of them all is the first Xenoblade Chronicles. And knowing that the Definitive Edition will most likely fix some of its weakest areas (visuals is already a given), I think that this version will become clearly the best Xeno Chronicles of them all.

Been a while since I sunk my teeth into a new JRPG. This might have to be the one. Thanks.

I never picked up Xenoblade 2, I heard navigation is clumsy and leads to wondering around blindly for too long. But I also heard the navigation system was patched. Any thoughts?

Chrkeller said:
I never picked up Xenoblade 2, I heard navigation is clumsy and leads to wondering around blindly for too long. But I also heard the navigation system was patched. Any thoughts?

I'll explain... You have an arrow on the top center of your screen that points to where your next objective is. It also tells you how far is it with a number.

The "problem" is that the arrow will only tell you the direction. Not the height. So... you could be at 1 or 0 "meters" from your objective, but you wouldn't see anything because it's either above or beneath you. Or you could get as close as 30 meters, but be unable to get any closer because the objective is so high or so low that those meters are actually the vertical distance that separates you from it.

This might be a little confusing at first, specially when most of the early objectives are on the same altitude as your current position. But once you know what's going on, it's pretty easy to figure it out.

I don't see it as an actual problem though...

I may have to take a look at the game, I have it on my list of want to purchase. Thanks for the explanation, I recall a bunch of reviewers complaining about the navigation system.

Chrkeller said:

Nah, it was never anywhere that bad.And its better now.Go play XC 2, you own yourself to it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1