By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales: August 25th - August 31st

LW TW Title Age Rating Publisher
  1 ASTRAL CHAIN PEGI 16+ NINTENDO
  2 WRECKFEST PEGI 7+ THQ NORDIC
  3 THE DARK PICTURES ANTHOLOGY: MAN OF MEDAN PEGI 16+ BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
  4 CONTROL PEGI 16+ 505 GAMES
1 5 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
3 6 CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED PEGI 3+ ACTIVISION
2 7 SUPER MARIO MAKER 2 PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
34 8 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN PEGI 16+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
7 9 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
9 10 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
20 11 FIFA 19 PEGI 3+ EA SPORTS
8 12 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
11 13 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION PEGI 7+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
6 14 MINECRAFT PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
18 15 FORZA HORIZON 4 PEGI 3+ MICROSOFT
4 16 MORTAL KOMBAT 11 PEGI 18+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
13 17 SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
5 18 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
21 19 SEA OF THIEVES PEGI 12+ MICROSOFT
17 20 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
12 21 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
  22 COLLECTION OF MANA PEGI 7+ SQUARE ENIX
19 23 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 PEGI 18+ ACTIVISION
30 24 ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY PEGI 18+ UBISOFT
25 25 FORZA HORIZON 3 PEGI 3+ MICROSOFT
28 26 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION PEGI 7+ MICROSOFT
14 27 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY PEGI 7+ ACTIVISION
22 28 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
29 29 CRICKET 19: OFFICIAL GAME OF THE ASHES PEGI 3+ MAXIMUM GAMES
26 30 LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
15 31 F1 2019 PEGI 3+ CODEMASTERS
24 32 POKEMON: LET'S GO, PIKACHU! PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
16 33 SUPER MARIO PARTY PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
40 34 TEAM SONIC RACING PEGI 3+ SEGA
  35 JUMP FORCE PEGI 12+ BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
  36 THE SIMS 4 PEGI 12+ EA GAMES
38 37 WWE 2K19 PEGI 16+ 2K
  38 OVERWATCH PEGI 12+ BLIZZARD
  39 HORIZON ZERO DAWN: COMPLETE EDITION PEGI 16+ PLAYSTATION HITS
10 40 YU-GI-OH! LEGACY OF THE DUELIST: LINK EVOLUTION PEGI 7+ KONAMI

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I'm so happy for Astral Chain! At least on its first week it deserves the first place. While for Control, it started a little bad... I hope it might gets better next week.

Last edited by Wicked97 - on 02 September 2019

Brutal for "Control", but "Astral Chain" deserves every sale.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:

Brutal for "Control", but "Astral Chain" deserves every sale.

Yupp. Control opened poorly. I doubt the studio will remain afloat for much more if they are not purchased. 

Astral Chain surprised me Good to see a new IP doing so well

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Is Sony seriously trying to purchase Remedy?

I'm not going to say Control's a bomba yet but if those sales are reference, an exclusive from Remedy is going to sell even less without the multiplatform advantage.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Sort of a mixed bag. Astral Chain sold 36% better than Nier Automata physically, but it's only PlatinumGames' 4th biggest physical launch, with Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) all doing better. It's almost on par with Bayonetta 2 physically , but like Automata how well it actually did is based a lot on the digital sales of the game, since PS4 and Switch are both very healthy platforms digitally (vouchers still sold in U.K. afaik).

Astral Chain is in the lead by a decent amount ~1,100 units. So Wreckfest sold 1.1k less. Man of Medan was only 250 copies behind Wreckfest. And Control was only 300 units behind Man of Medan. So all in all, decently healthy sales for all the new IPs with only 1.5k units separating the first and fourth spot. The only one I can see being a disappointment is maybe Control? 

Edit: Do the UK Software Sales Charts include digital for everything but Nintendo? Or is it physical all around? GamesIndustryBiz makes it sound like only Nintendo didn't give them digital numbers. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 02 September 2019

kurasakiichimaruALT said:

I'm not going to say Control's a bomba yet but if those sales are reference, an exclusive from Remedy is going to sell even less without the multiplatform advantage.

Well it's estimated Astral Chain sold about 10.7k when you consider it's position in comparison to other PlatinumGames titles. Given that there's a 1.5k difference, that would mean Control is at about 9.2k. Quantum Break actually did a lot better than Control, and that was exclusive, an exclusive to Xbox One no less. 

https://www.mcvuk.com/astral-chain-beats-wreckfest-man-of-medan-and-control-to-no-1/

Control was a 58.7% drop for Remedy compared to Quantum Break. 

Did Control flop?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

Well it's estimated Astral Chain sold about 10.7k when you consider it's position in comparison to other PlatinumGames titles. Given that there's a 1.5k difference, that would mean Control is at about 9.2k. Quantum Break actually did a lot better than Control, and that was exclusive, an exclusive to Xbox One no less. 

https://www.mcvuk.com/astral-chain-beats-wreckfest-man-of-medan-and-control-to-no-1/

Control was a 58.7% drop for Remedy compared to Quantum Break. 

Bruh how? Control is on more platforms and it had some hype behind it.

So nice to see Astral Chain on the #1 spot despite releasing on the 30th while Control released on the 27th ! I think people are getting ahead of themselves saying Control flopped, we only know the UK sales, I think the good word of mouth will push it's sales, also I think most people will purchase the PC version due to the tecnical showcase it achieves (at least I got it for PC as a gift for my birthday u.u )

Last edited by Luke888 - on 03 September 2019