Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Surgery a success; tumor removed.

curl-6 said:

New milestone; as of today, I'm standing and walking unassisted!

My leg brace came off an hour ago, and while it's baby steps for the moment, it's the beginning of regaining normal mobility and my independence.

Still a long road ahead, as I can't walk long distances or go any faster than a slow hobble, but being able to walk again at all is a massive breakthrough, and feels amazing after being stuck in a bulky brace with crutches and spending 90% of my day in bed for the last 6 weeks.

Need to release a short vid of you jumping up and tapping your feet when this is all over!



August 2020 Articles:

https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/the-wake-mourning-father-mourning-mother-review (The Wake: Mourning Father, Mourning Mother Review - 2.5/5 Stars)

Around the Network

That is just great to hear!
Do you have a specific target in mind for your first walk? Like perbaps your favourit restaurant, or park?



JuliusHackebeil said:
That is just great to hear!
Do you have a specific target in mind for your first walk? Like perbaps your favourit restaurant, or park?

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that to be honest. I should probably start with something small and manageable, like walking around my block.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
JuliusHackebeil said:
That is just great to hear!
Do you have a specific target in mind for your first walk? Like perbaps your favourit restaurant, or park?

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that to be honest. I should probably start with something small and manageable, like walking around my block.

Thats nice,personally i do enjoy walks in nature with all the sounds of the birds and the sun shining through the trees.

It has a very soothing effect on me and it mostly makes me a bit happier when i'm feeling down.



Immersiveunreality said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that to be honest. I should probably start with something small and manageable, like walking around my block.

Thats nice,personally i do enjoy walks in nature with all the sounds of the birds and the sun shining through the trees.

It has a very soothing effect on me and it mostly makes me a bit happier when i'm feeling down.

Yeah I also find nature very therapeutic.

There is a park near me that has a lake and trees, but it's about 15 minutes walk away. Something to work towards perhaps. :)



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Thats nice,personally i do enjoy walks in nature with all the sounds of the birds and the sun shining through the trees.

It has a very soothing effect on me and it mostly makes me a bit happier when i'm feeling down.

Yeah I also find nature very therapeutic.

There is a park near me that has a lake and trees, but it's about 15 minutes walk away. Something to work towards perhaps. :)

Yes that would be a good goal to begin with!

Good luck with the endeavours.



Goal accomplished; walked to the corner of the block and back.

Funny how something so easily taken for granted became a challenging undertaking, but a month ago I couldn't make it to the letterbox, so I'm making progress!

I’m gonna try to do that every day now to train myself up. My next goal; walk all the way around the block.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

New milestone; walked around my block.

It was harder than I thought it would be; by the end I felt really tired and even light-headed, but I made it.

Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer to get this far; it's been 41 days since I started walking without crutches and a brace, but physiotherapy has been going really well and I've been pushing myself as much as I feel I reasonably and safely can.

While it's still uncertain as to whether it'll ever happen, I'm setting myself the long term goal of running again. I used to be a cross country and track runner in school, and I always enjoyed going for a nice jog. 

I wanna feel that rush again someday.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

New milestone; walked around my block.

It was harder than I thought it would be; by the end I felt really tired and even light-headed, but I made it.

Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer to get this far; it's been 41 days since I started walking without crutches and a brace, but physiotherapy has been going really well and I've been pushing myself as much as I feel I reasonably and safely can.

While it's still uncertain as to whether it'll ever happen, I'm setting myself the long term goal of running again. I used to be a cross country and track runner in school, and I always enjoyed going for a nice jog.

Awesome!

With that attitude you will run again !



It's great to know that things are progressing at good pace. Keep it up, curl, you can do it!



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.