By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Think Nintendo will acquire any studios in the near future?

Platinum Games makes sense for Nintendo.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think Nintendo should grab Platinum not just to secure their software output, but to preempt Sony or MS doing so.

If their rivals swallow up all the major studios while Nintendo remain idle, they could wake up one day and find themselves without a whole lot of good sized external studios left to collaborate with.

Darwinianevolution said:
Yes, but I hope they don't. I don't like the exclusivity race we're experiencing, it is going to bite us in the ass sooner or later to us all.

curl-6 said:

Honestly, I think Nintendo should grab Platinum not just to secure their software output, but to preempt Sony or MS doing so.

If their rivals swallow up all the major studios while Nintendo remain idle, they could wake up one day and find themselves without a whole lot of good sized external studios left to collaborate with.

Exactly. I'm ok with Nintendo not buying anyone, but I'd rather they buy Platinum, Level 5, etc. Than let someone else buy them.