By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just played Final Fantasy VII Remake

COKTOE said:
Moms are tough.

Truer words have never been uttered in a Final Fantasy game.  Except maybe something about Garland knocking me down. He totally did that.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Also I am not arguing semantics all day.  FFVII was a singular game, the remake isn't.  Call it whatever you want.  

I'm trying so hard not to reply to this discussion but the term both of you are looking for is greed.

Last edited by The Fury - on 23 August 2019

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Chrkeller said:

Also I am not arguing semantics all day.  FFVII was a singular game, the remake isn't.  Call it whatever you want.  

I'm trying so hard to reply to this discussion but the term both of you are looking for is greed.

It's only greed if they make one game and split it up. If they make multiple games (and they're good) then we get our money's worth.

Nice going to wait for the whole game to release before I even touch it.

Can't wait

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
The game is episodic guys, it's not just a matter of personal definition of genre.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying calling it an episodic game invites confusion. Just as you wouldn't call a bowl filled with tomatoes and lettuce a fruit salad, even though technically you'd be correct, because when people think of a fruit salad they're thinking of something different. When people hear episodic game they expect a game format like Telltale. I'm not saying that FF7:R can't technically be classed as an episodic game, I'm just saying it's easier for everyone if that term isn't used.

CladInShadows said:
The Fury said:

I'm trying so hard to reply to this discussion but the term both of you are looking for is greed.

It's only greed if they make one game and split it up. If they make multiple games (and they're good) then we get our money's worth.

I don't think it's going to be different games like what they did for the FFXIII games. It's going to be the same game (same gameplay, carried over progression) continued over multiple releases to finish the same story.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
CladInShadows said:

I don't think it's going to be different games like what they did for the FFXIII games. It's going to be the same game (same gameplay, carried over progression) continued over multiple releases to finish the same story.

Sounds like they are making it into episodes.  Lol.  

TruckOSaurus said:
CladInShadows said:

Well, they've already kind of said it would be separate games.  People seem to be confused because the source material was one single game.  Also, same gameplay doesn't mean it can't be separate games.  But let's say they let you carry over stats, yet still provide about 60-70 hours of gameplay for each release, I really don't see how they could be considered greedy. 

Super hyped for it. With this, Cyberpunk, Last of Us, and P5R coming out next year, I'm probably gonna go broke. Still need to finish the original FF7