Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Dragon Quest XI S gonna be the best multiplatform game released on the Switch?

Is it the best multiplatform game released on the Switch?

Yes 14 51.85%

No (say which one is it) 8 29.63%

We should wait until it releases it... 5 18.52%

Total:27

Platinumed on PS4 and played the demo on Switch today, it feels good with Japanese voice casting and the super fast battle speed helps saving a lot of time, I may get one on sale to play through again.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Radek said:

That's because western games are usually much more demanding and developed to utilise all the juice from the big consoles, while Dragon Quest XI doesn't look that demanding to begin with, with simple effects and art style. I'm actually suprised it only runs at 900p on PS4 while Witcher 3, Red Dead  Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey run at 1080p on base PS4, Japanese devs can't seem to make cutting edge graphics or utilise PS4 power fully.

And I still think Witcher 3 Switch looks decent and close enough to base Xbox One and they menaged 720p in that game which is crazy considering how demanding it is.

I think resolution is a problem on UE4 in general. Almost every game I know using that engine has a lower resolution than what I would expect looking at the visuals or how the game is constructed...

That being said, while not as technically advanced as The Witcher 3, I think DQXI is not as simple as you say. Obviously being a cartoony game makes it look less impressive overall, but it's still a very well crafted and a beautiful game on its own right.

I think the lower resolution of a lot of UE4 games is that the engine's feature set seems to go for maximum quality no matter the rendering cost. In a lot of cases I actually think this pays off rather well; titles like Hellblade, Yoshi's Crafted World and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter are, in my book, among the best looking games on Switch.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I'm playing the demo. So far, it looks very good, but I wish they would use some anti-aliasing and I wish you could turn off the motion blur. The characters face looks really pixelated whenever you look at it outside of battles and cutscenes, and the motion blur is sort of intense.

Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

Can't believe you even asking that question. Dq11 is among the greatest game of all time, let alone best rpg ever. And the best game switch will have, yes even better than zelda botw.

Finished the demo and I think if my guess is right about the whole ordeal the game will offer, then I might consider it the "best old-school" JRPG of this generation alongside Octopath Traveler. It's really that good. Sadly, I don't see it offering the highs I've seen with other games but it sure oozes with consistent quality you'd expect from the genre !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Can't believe you even asking that question. Dq11 is among the greatest game of all time, let alone best rpg ever. And the best game switch will have, yes even better than zelda botw.

What caused the Switch version to jump up so high in quality? The original DQ11 (88.5%) was certainly not in the league of Breath of the Wild (97.5%). What will make DQ11 for Switch more critically and/or commercially successful?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
KratosLives said:

What caused the Switch version to jump up so high in quality? The original DQ11 (88.5%) was certainly not in the league of Breath of the Wild (97.5%). What will make DQ11 for Switch more critically and/or commercially successful?

Maybe he’s basing this on his own preferences and opinion, not on what others say like you do here?

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

1doesnotsimply