By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The new Mariko-powered Switch is out now, here's how to spot one

Ganoncrotch said:

Breath of the wild was my reason to buy it at launch lol, I firmly believe that game is worth the cost of the Switch+Software even if that was the only title you ever played on the system.

If Breath of the Wild is the only game you were interested in... Then it would probably work out more economical to get a 2nd hand Wii U.
It's also a cheap system to collect for at the moment.

Wanting a Switch TV/Home fixed console still before I make the jump.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

For those wondering here is the difference in battery life between the new and old models...

Model number: HAC-001 (Old Model)
(product serial number starts with “XAW”) 
Approx. 2.5 to 6.5 hours 

*The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 3 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Model number: HAC-001(-01) - Available starting in mid-August 2019 (New Model)
(product serial number starts with “XKW”) 
Approximately 4.5 - 9 hours 

*The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 5.5 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Source: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/tech-specs/

Wow, thats a big difference.

And is the new version not on Amazon? I can't find it there.

Here:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy%E2%80%91-HAC-001-01/dp/B07VJRZ62R/ref=zg_bs_videogames_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V21P6Y52DWVRFVPC15QT

Just one problem: Everybody was waiting for it, so it's sold out already, next shipment comes in 2-4 weeks apparently. I also didn't see a neon version of it yet there.

Pretty big difference. Not worth it to replace my current Switch in my opinion but if you haven’t gotten a Switch yet it’s a no-brainer to look for the revised model.

Mystro-Sama said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

For those wondering here is the difference in battery life between the new and old models...

Model number: HAC-001 (Old Model)
(product serial number starts with “XAW”) 
Approx. 2.5 to 6.5 hours 

*The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 3 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Model number: HAC-001(-01) - Available starting in mid-August 2019 (New Model)
(product serial number starts with “XKW”) 
Approximately 4.5 - 9 hours 

*The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 5.5 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Source: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/tech-specs/

Supposedly the ram is differnt too.... it doesnt make much differnce (around ~5% performance gained) but apparently some think its enough to just barely be noticeable in games (fewer dips, not quite as low dips in fps).

Radek said:

Is it weird I want to buy Switch Lite just for Witcher 3? Lmao. Can't wait for gameplays on Monday.

Yeah I can't wait to see it running either, but IIRC the gameplays Nintendo are putting out will release on Tuesday through to Thursday, so 5-7 days til we see it depending on whether they lead with it or save it til last.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Supposedly the ram is differnt too.... it doesnt make much differnce (around ~5% performance gained) but apparently some think its enough to just barely be noticeable in games (fewer dips, not quite as low dips in fps).

That's possibly more due to the latest updates on the Switch, which lets the console prioritize CPU clock. That 1Ghz is just too low and the limiting factor in most cases

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JRPGfan said:

That's possibly more due to the latest updates on the Switch, which lets the console prioritize CPU clock. That 1Ghz is just too low and the limiting factor in most cases

Outside of the "boost mode" used to improve load times in BOTW, Mario Odyssey, and Crash Team Racing, I hadn't heard of any update to the system's CPU perfomance. Source?

I mean, I know the hardware is capable of running at higher clocks but I hadn't heard they'd actually enabled this.