By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox is the 87th Most Valuable Brand in the world

Interesting. Would love to see their methodology and research. Kudos to Papa Phil.

Around the Network

I haven't looked into this too much, but I don't agree with the people who are suggesting that the research firm is skewing the rankings for their own benefit. Why would they put Microsoft in 87th place if that were the case. Also, this seems to be much bigger than just Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft. The world is bigger than gaming, and when the top ranking on the list is 87th place for gaming, then you can see that this research firm probably made no conscious effort to put Xbox ahead of Nintendo/Sony.

I'd like to know the precise ranking metric, as there are not many metrics where Xbox would outrank Nintendo / Sony, but clearly one exists.

Good work ms the new strategy seems to work

Jigsawx1 said:
Good work ms the new strategy seems to work

I remember you claiming their strategy would make Xbox outsell Playstation with the release of X1X, how is that strategy working?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The results don't make sense to me, but I'll concede I'm not an expert.

Around the Network

According to the article this research was done by a company called Kantar Brandz. A wikipedia search on that company will generate this entry:

"The credibility of the Interbrand and BrandZ league tables have been cast into doubt by an article written in Marketing Week by Mark Ritson.[4] The lack of clear definitions and valuation dates in the both companies methodology raise questions about the subjectivity involved in brand valuations. Being part of multinational advertising groups, Interbrand and Kantar Millward Brown also suffer from the risk of objectivity. Transparency and objectivity are two of the requirements of the ISO 10668 standard of monetary brand valuations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrandZ

And this article and this analysis company are the sole support this thread has for its claim.

Haha haha

Hahahahaha

Everyone laugh please hahaha

Ganoncrotch said:
Nice paper! Interesting read. Definitely heard of brandz before.

Can you really put trust in a company who replaces the "s" at the end of their name with a "z" to be accurate in reporting which gaming company is on top?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Can you really put trust in a company who replaces the "s" at the end of their name with a "z" to be accurate in reporting which gaming company is on top?

Oh snap! 

Maybe in one corner of the world.

COKTOE said:

Ganoncrotch said:

I see what you did there. :-p