By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Least liked console from each of the big 3 and why

Wii U -- Almost everything about this console from how outdated the hardware was when it released, the marketing, the handling of the Virtual Console, the design of the Gamepad--it really is no wonder why Nintendo is pretending that it never happened,

Xbox One -- No exclusives, so why the hell do I even have one, Additionally the hardware design of the original model looked like something from 2002.

PS3 -- It's the only PlayStation I've ever had so I guess this is my only choice.

Around the Network

For Sony, PS4, hands down. Low powered CPU, recycled last gen games, and just overall bad performance, (hence PS4 pro)
For Microsoft, Xbox One. Always on, always watching kinect. The fact they tried it.
For Nintendo, N64. I didn't grow up with Nintendo consoles. I don't like the Gamecube or N64 controllers, but the graphics on the N64 are worse than Gamecube. Also, cartridges, which meant worse sound than the PS1.

Wii
- Introduced gimmicks to Nintendo which made it their biggest focus on all their following consoles.
- Horrible controller.
- Very low graphics, tried playing Monster Hunter Tri a few years back and it was so blocky it hurt my eyes.

xbox 360
- Introduced payed online
- obnoxious casual gamer fanbase
- overall moved gaming in a worse direction

Ps3
- content draught until 2009
- overpriced

I can only speak for Sony consoles, since I've never owned anything else.
This is a tough one. In today's situation, I'd guess it would have to be the PS1 because of the sheer power difference, but that's not fair because everything has its time.
I'm gonna go with the PS3, because it was so hard to develop for that PS3 owners got a little short changed with multiplats at the time. And the UI felt a little slow and clunky, like someone said.

Nintendo: WiiU. Many of it’s major games aren’t really inspired and feel like they’d be B-Tier on their other systems. GameCube has a similar perception to me, and held this title for a long time, but WiiU ended up being worse. I guess it’s sales being so low is no coincidence. Counting Breath of the Wild as a Switch game, Captain Toad is the system’s best game.

Sony: PlayStation 2. Maybe a strange choice, and it’s not really the PS2’s fault. I have never even touched a PS2, because I owned a Dreamcast, and back then it’s capabilities made me feel like a PS2 was unnecessary. When Dreamcast died, more powerful 6th Gen consoles released; GameCube and XBox, which again, made PS2 feel unnecessary to me. If that doesn’t count; PS4 is my least favorite. I’m much less interested in what it has to offer than in what PS1 and PS3 had, and therefore I have way, way less games for it. I don’t think I even reach the current tie-ratio.

Microsoft: XBox One. I liked the original XBox, I never owned it myself, but played it enough at my cousin’s house. XBox 360 seemed to have had it’s place, but the XBox One doesn’t. I don’t want to throw out the meme of “has no games”, but I am really wondering what I could be playing that I can’t already play somewhere else.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 08 August 2019

Around the Network

Sony: PS1 - The 5ft gen was just awkward for the most part.

MS: XB1 - Such a disappointment after the great 360. First party output was very weak.

Nintendo: N64 - Again the 5th gen and a horrible controller.

Nintendo- Assuming we're not counting Virtual Boy, NES. It has a few absolute classics, but the majority of the games don't hold up that well.
Sony- PS4. Honestly just not loving the exclusives this gen. And I feel third party games have generally been lacking compared to other generations.
Microsoft- XBox One By default since I've never played it at all, and haven't really had much desire to.

Nintendo - Wii. Wasnt a fan of motion controls outside of wii sports. Terrible graphics compared to other 2007 consoles.

Microsoft - Xbox One. Huge,slow and has zero game that interest me, exclusives look average when compared to sony/nintendo

PSX/1 - PS3 - didnt particularly mind this console i thought it was pretty good esp the later models but i think 360 was just a little better. Just shows that sony make great consoles.

Xbox One: The redundant console.

PS4: Very few games that interest me and aren't available elsewhere.

N64: The bulk of its high quality games belong to genres that don't interest me.

Player2 said:

Xbox One: The redundant console.

PS4: Very few games that interest me and aren't available elsewhere.

N64: The bulk of its high quality games belong to genres that don't interest me.

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

Im not sure how up-to-date that is, or if its got every title listed.... but theres gotta be like 500-800 games there, in some form of exclusivity.
Theres really nothing that intrests you? Plus alot of them, arnt just small indie or shovelware like titles.