By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Soul Calibur updated to HD coming to XBLA

ckmlb said:
If this starts a trend of great last gen games being HD-ified I will be forever happy.

MS, time to moneyhat Sega for some HD Dreamcast games stat!

i second this

Around the Network

hell yes best game on sega dreamcast

Wednsdayton!

Wow. Another DC game to 360. It's building up quite a repore with Namco, and Dreamcast games since Ikaruga just debuted.

Maybe we can see a 'Dreamcast Originals' for Live?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Too good to be true. Soul Calibur for DC is my favorite game in the series. Soul Calibur 2 was good, but it just didn't have the original Soul Calibur's magic. SC3 was poorly balanced and SC4 looks to have lost its way with its DOA styled female characters. Any word on how many MS points I have to set aside for this?

Darc Requiem said:
Too good to be true. Soul Calibur for DC is my favorite game in the series. Soul Calibur 2 was good, but it just didn't have the original Soul Calibur's magic. SC3 was poorly balanced and SC4 looks to have lost its way with its DOA styled female characters. Any word on how many MS points I have to set aside for this?

I heard it was 800 points.

Around the Network

wait a sec...are they saying no xbox live online play will be available?

How in the hell? Isn't Soul Calibur too big for XBLA? I recall Bionic Commando having to run in lower resoloution because it would be too big otherwise.........

I still have my Dreamcast hooked up to my TV, so I won't be getting the Live Version. Still, for anyone who missed out, this is a must play.

d21lewis -

Microsoft has been granting "increased capacities" to certain developers. Bionic Commando was supposed to have lower rez textures, but MS has allowed for +150mb for Bionic Commando. Soul Calibur can be the same way.

However, on the other hand - Ikaruga, for all of it's sweetness, was under 50mb. Yes, under 50mb.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Even though this won't have online play it was still one hell of a game. I still have my Dreamcast but my copy of Soul Calibur has a big ring scratched in it. Oh I can't wait!

Edit: While we're on the topic of DC remakes, how about some Chu Chu Rocket and  maybe Powerstone! 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

^^^Powerstone 2 was awesome. Toss in some XBOX Live support, and you've got a mega hit on your hands! It was Smash Bros. before Smash Bros. was cool.