By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy a PS4 Portable ?

jason1637 said:
No. The type of games on PS4 are not the type of games i'd play on the go.

Agreed. I think Sony makes excellent home console games like The Last of Us, God of War and Horizon but they don't make the types of games fitting portable gaming imo. I've enjoyed playing on Vita but not because of 1st party games but rather indie-like games such as Minecraft, Stardew Valley, The Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, Fez and Super Meat Boy.

Around the Network

Not anymore now. There’s no point anymore. A couple years ago when I didn’t have a PS4 yet I’d probably have chosen to get that instead of a home console, if it would’ve been the same as the real thing, playing the same games, and if it wasn’t all-digital.

No. I pretty much only game on my tv. Even with my Switch. I have barely any time to game on the go.

Wouldn't be interested

Nope. I could wait for a PS5 Hybrid, anyhow, while GPU isn't a problem, graphics can scale down when undocked, to get the necessary CPU power on a mobile chip at a low enough power consumption Sony will have to wait at least for a mature enough Zen 3 tech, if not even later.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Nope. I could wait for a PS5 Hybrid, anyhow, while GPU isn't a problem, graphics can scale down when undocked, to get the necessary CPU power on a mobile chip at a low enough power consumption Sony will have to wait at least for a mature enough Zen 3 tech, if not even later.

And until then the PS6 is already rumored/announced and you'll wait for the PS6 Hybrid revision?

Alby_da_Wolf said:

You have it the other way around. The Jaguar CPUs could easily fit into a tablet or even a portable... they were actually designed for it. But the GPU, even if we are talking about playing the same games at a lower resolution (which would demand they are all individually patched) and using AMD's newer architectures and manufacturing processes, this is some 15 - 20 Watts here (being very optimistic here). That's the GPU alone, and twice as much as the power consumption of an average tablet SoC. Not feasible unless you want batteries lasting less than an hour of gameplay, and possibily overheating hardware.

A PSFourtable. Sounds cool.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

We are thankful today for the thread creators who don't change thread titles lest all these jokes make absolutely no sense when this thread is necro'd upon the release of the PS4 Potable in 2022.

Let us pray.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."