By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Massive arson attack against Kyoto Animation leaves upwards of 20 dead, dozens injured

LittleSnake said:

I wonder what fuelled the guy to do that...

Anime. 

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
KLAMarine said:
Goodness, that's horrible! Why?

It's terrorism. Doing horrible shit for the sake of it is the point.

Ugh.

I don't even know what to say when I read stuff like this.

My condolences to the people who lost their friends and relatives over this.

Terrorism is using violence to get something done: for example an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge to protest federal land ownership. This is just violence unless it is proven he did it to....I don't know, protest Moe.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I read about this at work today and it really is sickening. Its awful that so many lost their lives at the hands of such senseless violence. KyoAni really is one of the gold standards of the anime industry for so many reasons. Their shows were some of the first I watched and I still look back fondly on so many of them.

Dang it, this is sick. I feel sorry for the victim and their family. Japan you got the lowest crime number but when it happen it's very big. Many of Japanese are hard to express their hatred and their emotion, they keep their feeling and suprase it , but it will explode and kill themself by suicide or doing like this.

I have seen over half of the animes they have produced and can say without a doubt, that when it came to animation quality they were among the best if not the best, its hard to believe this happened... i hope the injured are able to recover and the lost are found to be ok, as for the ones who died... Rest In Peace.

Amazingly they reported that the projects they were working on will still hit the realese date.

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
KrspaceT said:

Terrorism is using violence to get something done: for example an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge to protest federal land ownership. This is just violence unless it is proven he did it to....I don't know, protest Moe.

Apparently the guy was complaining about plagiarism on his way to the hospital.  So, no definitely not terrorism.  Just straight-up revenge.

I wouldn't rule out mental health issues though.  How much you want to bet the "plagiarized" work turns out to be some unpublished disjointed crap that no one has ever read?

I don't think we can rule out mental health issue with any mass murderer. No sane person mass murders.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This is really fucking sad. Kyoukai no Kanata was one of my favorite anime too. The attacker had to be mentally unstable to do something like this.

This is awful