By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD 2019 thread

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Skyrim is a single player game. What in the world are you smoking? Unprecedented for a Zelda game, is that what you meant?

Was Skyrim charting over 2 years after launch?

It was charting over 5 years after launch with its re-release on X1/PS4 and maybe 7 years with its release on Switch.



Around the Network

Hardware number ?



My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Nice to see Crash Team Racing make #6 on the best selling Switch games of the month, up against Nintendo's evergreen juggernauts. 

It's a good port of an excellent game.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Was Skyrim charting over 2 years after launch?

It was charting over 5 years after launch with its re-release on X1/PS4 and maybe 7 years with its release on Switch.

Lol really? you know that's not the same thing.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Zelda all sold above NSMB U this month, even though it was released this year.  I am trying to figure out what is more impressive: Zelda or Smash Bros?  On previous systems Smash Bros was a really front loaded title.  This month it was the second best selling game on the Switch.  Somehow the franchise has shifted from front loaded to evergreen.  And of course their is Zelda which is up at #4 on the Switch over two years after launch.  Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 have sold well in the US, but they can't quite keep their legs going like these other 2 games.  Smash and Zelda are both huge monsters (and so is Mario Kart 8, but that is not too big of a surprise).



Around the Network

This makes it more incredible when you take into account that they don't add digital sales for Nintendo published titles :D Zelda might be the 5th best selling title otherwise ... after 2 years !!

Of course, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 DX joining the legs party :O
Succesful launch for Crash Team Racing is also welcomed !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Hopefully someone leaks HW #s. Nice ti se MK holding strong.



Megiddo said:
MasonADC said:
Botw comes in at 13th after more than two years. Unprecedented sales for a single player game

Skyrim is a single player game. What in the world are you smoking? Unprecedented for a Zelda game, is that what you meant?

Skyrim was a multiplatform game, which was released on many different consoles. Anyways Zelda legs are special

CosmicSex said:
Megiddo said:

Skyrim is a single player game. What in the world are you smoking? Unprecedented for a Zelda game, is that what you meant?

There is also the sub industry known as GTA 5 which will end the generation as the best selling game, while managing to launch last gen. 

No one is buying GTA for the singleplayer aspect lol

Megiddo said:
MasonADC said:
Botw comes in at 13th after more than two years. Unprecedented sales for a single player game

Skyrim is a single player game. What in the world are you smoking? Unprecedented for a Zelda game, is that what you meant?



MasonADC said:
CosmicSex said:

There is also the sub industry known as GTA 5 which will end the generation as the best selling game, while managing to launch last gen. 

No one is buying GTA for the singleplayer aspect lol

I've bought GTA V on PS3, PC and PS4 and have never touched the multiplayer. But you're right lol, it is a multiplayer game.



Barkley said:
MasonADC said:

No one is buying GTA for the singleplayer aspect lol

I've bought GTA V on PS3, PC and PS4 and have never touched the multiplayer. But you're right lol, it is a multiplayer game.

lol really? Why rebuy it so many times just for the singleplayer? Unless it was on sale, then I could understand