Do you think you're an asshole?

I think I'm an asshole 16 21.92%

I don't think I'm an asshole 42 57.53%

I KNOW I'm an asshole 15 20.55%

Total:73
CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:

How is a part of the body profanity?

If I have to explain it, some self reflection may be the issue here.

A profanity is offensive language, saying about yourself or agreeing the fact you are a rude person or asshole isnt.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
CGI-Quality said:

If I have to explain it, some self reflection may be the issue here.

A profanity is offensive language, saying about yourself or agreeing the fact you are a rude person or asshole isnt.

In certain places no matter if you are talking about yourself or someone else, the word asshole is considered profanity.  Since this is an international site, they need to look out for everyone and label appropriately. 

CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:

I've tried to be nice about this, but it isn't something we're going to continue to debate in here. The title was changed because it used profanity, so it's time to move on.

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Yes, and that's why people like me.

Well there are a lot of gay people on VGC and they love assholes.

❌ BANNED: Flaming (history of comments like these) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 July 2019

sethnintendo said:
RolStoppable said:
Yes, and that's why people like me.

There is so much wrong with this joke, I am wondering if you thought it through.  

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
sethnintendo said:

There is so much wrong with this joke, I am wondering if you thought it through.  

I'm an asshole.  Why would I think?

SuperRetroTurbo said:
In my 35 years of life I've come to the conclusion that you HAVE to be an asshole. And I say that with all due respect.
Nice people get walked on. Nice people get told what to do in every day walk of life.
Assholes get promotions and fuck hot chicks.
It's been that way since the beginning of human civilization and will be that way FOREVER.
Great topic btw.

I think you have a higher chance of getting the things you want in life if you approach situations in an aggressive, stubborn way, and many assholes have those traits. Thus, it might seem like you have to be an asshole, but there are other, non-asshole ways to get the things you want. In other words, you can be aggressive without being an asshole.

But it's undeniable that we live in a world filled with greedy assholes who do not care even a single bit about anyone but themselves.

If only we lived in a place where people got what they deserved... if the people who drove like assholes didn't get to their destination the fastest, for example.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

sethnintendo said:
Machiavellian said:

Oh wow, did he just get banned for that?

I'm very curious about something but I want to be careful how I ask this. Was the moderator who banned him homosexual as well? I've never been banned on any forum on the Internet, and I've seen some pretty awful things said by people. And considering the thread we are in...

RaptorChrist said:
sethnintendo said:

Oh wow, did he just get banned for that?

I'm very curious about something but I want to be careful how I ask this. Was the moderator who banned him homosexual as well? I've never been banned on any forum on the Internet, and I've seen some pretty awful things said by people. And considering the thread we are in...

If you look at the ban note, user history seems to be at the heart of the issue. It was a risky comment in general though. Even with years of membership credibility, that post would have raised an eyebrow or two. I tend to, in the absence of knowledge of comments made in the past, give people the benefit of the doubt, but the mods have member history to draw upon, so it's usually safe to trust their judgement, even in a case like this where the thread lends itself to more extreme comments.

And just to be clear, none of the above is meant as personal indictment against seth.

-edit. I know I shouldn't butt in here, but felt it was worth the risk in overstepping my bounds.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 July 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Move along