By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cadence of Hyrule

Mnementh said:
melbye said:
Sadly because it is essentially a rhythm-game i have no interest in it, despite it being a Zelda-game

There is a mode, in which every monster moves then you move (like the original rogue and early roguelike like nethack and slash'em). This changes the gameplay from rhythm based to more tactical.

That's good to know because the rhythm based gameplay scares me a little.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240412&page=1

My personal review of the game.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Yeah, beat it as Zelda in around 5hrs. Was a nice timewaster, maybe not worth its asking price tho.

Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day

I bought crypt of the necrodancer because of cadence of hyrule announcement, started it and never even realized that it is a rhythm game. I was totally crushed by it's difficulty. but the music kept me going and after hard work I somehow managed cadence story, the rhythm part wasn't that important imo so I didn't mind if I skipped some beats. I didn't try aria because I know I wouldn't be able to complete it. I got cadence of hyrule day one and in comparison with cofn it was a cakewalk, I died 7 times until I completed it.

I'm seriously interested, specially because of the remixes from Zelda OST's but I gotta wait until later cuz it's backlog time for me :3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I want it, but I'll probably wait a bit. Not really up for spending 25 dollars on a game I can beat in an afternoon.

mZuzek said:
thetonestarr said:
I'm definitely interested, but not $25 interested.

Yeah, I'm there too. Not willing to pay that much on this game, at least not in this moment. Had it come out some other time, it might've been a different story, but as things stand, I might not buy it for a few months.

Necrodancer was super cheap, though, so I did buy and play that one. Really fun game, but they went overboard with some of the difficulty and it just got frustrating. Aria's campaign was hell and just when I thought I was through the worst I came across that DLC final boss and, yeah, that didn't happen. It's a shame they didn't let me finish the game on a high note, but at least Cadence of Hyrule shouldn't be like that, as the Zelda brand probably means they have to hold back on the stupidly hard shit.

I have a friend who owns Cadence and I spent the 4th at his house yesterday, got to spend a few minutes playing it.

I am blown away by the quality. If you're a Zelda fan and thought Necrodancer was fun AT ALL, I would now say that Cadence is easily worth the $25. I can understand not prioritizing it, but I wouldn't recommend that. Necrodancer is an OK game but honestly I wasn't impressed. Cadence blew me away.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm excited for it, but it's too expensive for a digital only title.

1doesnotsimply

It's a nice little game I thought, took me a few hours to get used to it but once you get the hang of it it's pretty addicting. The rhythm-based gameplay isn't as intrusive as I expected, it feels natural after a while.

The price is probably a bit much for the length, but there's a ton of replay value with the world map and dungeon layout re-arranging every time. Great fanservice for Link to the Past fans too, and if so if you liked that game as much I did I would say its worth it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

thetonestarr said:
mZuzek said:

Yeah, I'm there too. Not willing to pay that much on this game, at least not in this moment. Had it come out some other time, it might've been a different story, but as things stand, I might not buy it for a few months.

Necrodancer was super cheap, though, so I did buy and play that one. Really fun game, but they went overboard with some of the difficulty and it just got frustrating. Aria's campaign was hell and just when I thought I was through the worst I came across that DLC final boss and, yeah, that didn't happen. It's a shame they didn't let me finish the game on a high note, but at least Cadence of Hyrule shouldn't be like that, as the Zelda brand probably means they have to hold back on the stupidly hard shit.

I have a friend who owns Cadence and I spent the 4th at his house yesterday, got to spend a few minutes playing it.

I am blown away by the quality. If you're a Zelda fan and thought Necrodancer was fun AT ALL, I would now say that Cadence is easily worth the $25. I can understand not prioritizing it, but I wouldn't recommend that. Necrodancer is an OK game but honestly I wasn't impressed. Cadence blew me away.

I will buy the game eventually, that's for sure. I just don't know when.