By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cadence of Hyrule

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240412&page=1

My personal review of the game.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I bought crypt of the necrodancer because of cadence of hyrule announcement, started it and never even realized that it is a rhythm game. I was totally crushed by it's difficulty. but the music kept me going and after hard work I somehow managed cadence story, the rhythm part wasn't that important imo so I didn't mind if I skipped some beats. I didn't try aria because I know I wouldn't be able to complete it. I got cadence of hyrule day one and in comparison with cofn it was a cakewalk, I died 7 times until I completed it.

I want it, but I'll probably wait a bit. Not really up for spending 25 dollars on a game I can beat in an afternoon.

mZuzek said:
thetonestarr said:
I'm definitely interested, but not $25 interested.

Yeah, I'm there too. Not willing to pay that much on this game, at least not in this moment. Had it come out some other time, it might've been a different story, but as things stand, I might not buy it for a few months.

Necrodancer was super cheap, though, so I did buy and play that one. Really fun game, but they went overboard with some of the difficulty and it just got frustrating. Aria's campaign was hell and just when I thought I was through the worst I came across that DLC final boss and, yeah, that didn't happen. It's a shame they didn't let me finish the game on a high note, but at least Cadence of Hyrule shouldn't be like that, as the Zelda brand probably means they have to hold back on the stupidly hard shit.

I have a friend who owns Cadence and I spent the 4th at his house yesterday, got to spend a few minutes playing it.

I am blown away by the quality. If you're a Zelda fan and thought Necrodancer was fun AT ALL, I would now say that Cadence is easily worth the $25. I can understand not prioritizing it, but I wouldn't recommend that. Necrodancer is an OK game but honestly I wasn't impressed. Cadence blew me away.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm excited for it, but it's too expensive for a digital only title.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

It's a nice little game I thought, took me a few hours to get used to it but once you get the hang of it it's pretty addicting. The rhythm-based gameplay isn't as intrusive as I expected, it feels natural after a while.

The price is probably a bit much for the length, but there's a ton of replay value with the world map and dungeon layout re-arranging every time. Great fanservice for Link to the Past fans too, and if so if you liked that game as much I did I would say its worth it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I love old school Zelda. I love rhythm games (if they are good). Needless to say, this game is awesome. Wish I had more time to play it as I'm only half way through, but I'm really enjoying it so far.