By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which studios do you think Sony gonna acquire?

Aren’t you going to post the article link?

My dreams:
Kojima Prod
Super Giant
Housemarque

Would like:
Remedy
Insomniac

Around the Network

I would like to see them aquire BluePoint, Codemasters, Crytek, Level 5, and Ready at Dawn.

Remakes, Racing Games, First Person Shooters, JRPGs, and another solid 3rd Person Story Telling Studio.

I think Insomniac would be a great investment, seeing Naughty Dog and Insomniac together under SIEWWS would be amazing. However, I think Insomniac and Sony do just fine in their current relationship. I feel the same way about FROM Software as well.

Although Insomniac and FROM would probably be the front runners in a lot of polls, I honestly don't think either side has a lot to gain. Studios/Publishers like BluePoint, Codemaster, Crytek, Level 5, and Ready at Dawn could all be lifted up by being under Sony, which in turn would increase the value in SIEWWS.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

A big developer like Capcom.
Or Konami.

Hopefully Konami.

Jpcc86 said:
A big developer like Capcom.
Or Konami.

Hopefully Konami.

And give it to Kojima to vindicate him?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bluepoint is my number one pick. I would love for them to have a dedicated remake studio, and Bluepoint is the best.

Around the Network

My pick is Bluepoint like the majority, I would have wanted them to buy out a Japanese company like Media.Vision, like someone said or Falcom, but with their stick up the ass censorship "for the kids" attitude, I'd rather not let them touch any JRPG studio.

Blueprint is indeed amazing. SotC on the ps4 is outstanding.

I beleive Sony is trying to keep developers away from Microsoft (and Google to a lesser extent). Since E3 2018, Microsoft has sought to buy up developers to make a 1st party line up. I expect Sony and soon Nintendo will buy up developers to make sure Microsoft doesn't get them.

Insomniac is the most obvious. They've worked with Sony mostly but did make Sunset Overdrive for the XBox One. They are probably one of the most vulnerable developers for Sony and I expect they'll be one of the first. Maybe Kojima Productions but we'll see. I expect Sony will enter a bidding war to try and get From Software. That's going to be a fight for them.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Bristow9091 said:
Liquid_faction said:

My pick is Bluepoint like the majority, I would have wanted them to buy out a Japanese company like Media.Vision, like someone said or Falcom, but with their stick up the ass censorship "for the kids" attitude, I'd rather not let them touch any JRPG studio.

This logic makes no sense whatsoever.

How doesn't it make sense? Did I jump into a portal to another world where Sony doesn't have the anal censorship attitude they've been having lately? Is there something in their clause that says that only 3rd party games can be censored, and not 1st party games? Was it all a dream?!?!

Blue Point, Kojima Productions, Insomniac, Level 5, Housemarque, some VR studios.

SIE is ready to expand!