Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did Pokemon even jump to 3D?

If going back to 2D pokemon games would guarantee the National Dex, would you be fine with it?

Yes, the artstyle is neve... 14 34.15%

No, Pokemon needs to adva... 27 65.85%

Total:41

Nothing sad about it.  Time is limited, I can't play everything, so one must choose.  The Switch has Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion 3 this year.  Add in ps4 titles and my schedule is quite full.  Far too full to pick up additional hardware I don't even own, especially when it would restrict me to playing on a 4 inch screen in stereo.  I'll stick with my 65 inch HD and 5.1 surround.  But thanks for the concern.  

Don't get me wrong, you are disappointed with Pokemon, but I simply am not.  I think it looks like a good experience.  At the very least I will wait till release, before condemning the game.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Nothing sad about it.  Time is limited, I can't play everything, so one must choose.  The Switch has Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion 3 this year.

The saddest part about this is that two of those games have been received quite poorly by their fanbase and are seen as unambitious cash grabs, and you didn't list the most ambitious and hype Switch game this year.

And see, I was thinking the saddest part is somebody who has already made their mind up on games that haven't even released yet. But hey, that is me. I believe in waiting till games are released before making a judgement.

Time is limited, I can't play everything, so one must choose. I don't need to bother wasting my time on games that are showing clear issues in promotional footage, which is supposed to highlight the best stuff about them.

I got it the first 4 times. You and your crystal ball can pre-determine the quality of game that isn't released yet. Awesome. I tend to use reviews to screen, then filter based on genre preference, then final judgement by playing. I don't have a crystal ball, unless you care to share yours?

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
And see, I was thinking the saddest part is somebody who has already made their mind up on games that haven't even released yet. But hey, that is me. I believe in waiting till games are released before making a judgement.

Uh, you're also judging the Pokémon games saying that they look good games based on the trailers and gameplay alone.

"Look" good meaning it could be good, it has potential. I haven't made a final judgement, unlike some. Final judgement, and rightfully so, will be reserved for when the game is released.  I don't rate games good or bad, unless I have played them.  

mZuzek said:
Chrkeller said:

It may end up not being the best in the series, while still being a good game.  Either way, I can't see going back to GBA from a graphical perspective.  

None of the series' best games are on the GBA, though. But regardless, that's a bit of a sad mindset to have.

Correct. The best games were HeartGold and SoulSilver on DS.

Chrkeller said:

"Look" good meaning it could be good, it has potential. I haven't made a final judgement, unlike some. Final judgement, and rightfully so, will be reserved for when the game is released.  I don't rate games good or bad, unless I have played them.  

It's easy to have an idea of where a product is going when there's a precedent and a clear pattern. Of course, as a newcomer to the series, you wouldn't have noticed. Either way, um,

Meh, I'll wait to see how the game plays. If it is bad, such is life. But it might be good. Any chance your crystal ball has this week's winning lottery numbers? Thanks in advance.