By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battletoads looks like a cheap basic cable cartoon.

Do you like Battletoads (2019) art style?

I love it! 6 10.00%

I like it, but it could be better. 11 18.33%

It's okay. 8 13.33%

It's a little bad. 10 16.67%

It's terrible. 25 41.67%

Total:60

My main issue with the look of the game is that it looks like something that an indie studio could knock out in a couple of months, to think that this is something that MS has been working on in any way for the last 12-24 months means it has to be super low priority for them and basically spent most of the last couple of years with no one working on it, or else they're looking for ways to monitise the game in new and unique ways either via adding in additional paid dlc characters or perhaps make it really classic arcade where you need credits to continue playing the game and each credit is a 25c microtransaction.

I'm just saying though.... a game that looks like that shouldn't take a decent studio more than a few weeks to slap together, the time taken to get it out to the public seems like troubled or no commitment to it being made

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

The characters don't really stand out. They are just part of the complete image. With the original game you were really looking at the characters. I don't like the new style at all.

I like it.

looks like a low budget Cartoon, or some mobile flash game..... this is not how I imagined battletoads to return.

It looks like an Adult Swim game.
Calarts style and cheap animation is the name of the game in cartoons anymore quite sadly and this game has the worst of both.

Around the Network

Wait till you see what they will do with duke nukem

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think the art style is okay, but I hope the gameplay is fun. Either way it is coming to game pass so it is day one.

kirby007 said:
Wait till you see what they will do with duke nukem

Someone is makeing a new duke nukem?

In todays SJW era, how is that even possible?
Also I have zero faith anyone can actually do a good new Duke Nukem.

Some cell phone games from sub 2014 looks like better. Bringing back a game to do this is abominable.

The characters and animations are good. The backgrounds are kinda boring.
At last, we see a lot of attack animations and local multiplayer.
This can be a really fun game. Anyone especting a AAA Battletoads is just delusional.

Sorry for my bad english