Forums - Movies & TV - Toy Story 4 - 84MC - 100% RT

Are you watching?

Yes, opening weekend. 4 14.29%

Yes, at some point. 12 42.86%

Yes, on Blu-ray/DVD/Streaming 7 25.00%

Maybe. 1 3.57%

No. I lack a soul. 4 14.29%

Total:28

Glad to see they didn't ruin the series with too many sequels. I was afraid this would be the one to jinx it. Now please, stop while you're way, way, way, way, way ahead Pixar!

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Glad to see they didn't ruin the series with too many sequels. I was afraid this would be the one to jinx it. Now please, stop while you're way, way, way, way, way ahead Pixar!

If I recall, Pixar said they would focus on original movies for now on.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
HylianSwordsman said:

They should, they pop out awesome new movie IPs like no other company I can think of. They really don't need to survive on sequels with the creative talent they have.

shikamaru317 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Yep. They already announced 2 new IP for 2020, "Onward" and "Soul", and they have 1 in 2021 and 2 more in 2022, all 5 of them new IP. 

Sounds like the potential for a new Pixar golden age to me.

shikamaru317 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Yep. They already announced 2 new IP for 2020, "Onward" and "Soul", and they have 1 in 2021 and 2 more in 2022, all 5 of them new IP. 

I think Onward looks cool, and Soul intrigues me a lot because of the way they described it and because it's by the director of Inside Out, I'm really interested in seeing more about it. 

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Can Pixar ever release a bomb?

Cars 2 did pretty mediocre and The Good Dinosaur was a disappointment in the box office. So it took a while, but it's starting to happen more and more. 

Just watched TS4. It was pretty good, actually. Gabby Gabby totally stole the show for me, I liked the character a lot and it was a nice change of pace in what we had been seeing with Toy Story antagonists. 

Not so great in other areas but still a worthy sequel. I didn't like how part of the plot went along, really. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.