By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which japanese company should Microsoft buy?

Which one should Microsoft get ?

MistWalker, I love Lost o... 7 20.59%

Cave, we miss there shmups Phil fund them plz 0 0%

Both 4 11.76%

Some one else 4 11.76%

None, Mist walker or cave 0 0%

None, noone at all 19 55.88%

Total:34

Both. Especially Cave. I love my shmups.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

I suggest Mistwalker ! seriously Mistwalker ain't doing anything and sakaguchi needs the money also Everyone wants Lost odyssey 2 and Blue dragon 2If anyone can fund they should give sakaguchi another chance, The second Studio Is cave they are very low on cash and haven't done anything but bring ports to 90's arcade games instead it makes me sad seing them like this I think they only made 1 new game entire gen :( . Microsoft fans loved them back in xbox 360 era they made alot of exclusive shmups for xbox like death smiles , akai katana, espgaluda 2,Pink sweets ibara sorekara etc.

I think exactly the same. Mystwalker make games for xbox 360 and the Wii, so this dont affect PS fans .

Jrpgs are not big en Xbox, but some AA or a big AAA game of this type can work (Lost oddyssey and Blue dragon both sold 1m Copies)

Not every game has to have a budget like Final Fantasy.  Series like YS and Disgaea  never reach the million sales but are profitable.

the same can be said for Cave.

About Mystwalker and Sakaguchi, i dream of project similar to Parasite Eve for xbox. let him direct and design the game and The Coalition develop.

Sorry for my bad english.

I don't think MS can do a hostile takeover, at least based on Japan's laws from what I've heard. So they'd have to make friends with whoever. In which case I don't see this happening so easily.

Lube Me Up

Ayla said:
Platinum Games and From Software.

Those two are the only ones that would have a real big impact at Microsoft. Platinum and CyberConnect are the only realistic options that are AAA, zero chance that they go after a publisher.

Ayla said:
Tango Gameworks is owned by ZeniMax an American company.

Many People seem to forget this.

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
I don't think MS can do a hostile takeover, at least based on Japan's laws from what I've heard. So they'd have to make friends with whoever. In which case I don't see this happening so easily.

None of the studios that MS has bough have been by Hostile Takeover. Ninja, Inxile, Obsidian and DoubleFine were all funding games via Kickstarter being bought out was the best thing for them going forward.

Rumor is that MS was in talks to buy Capcom pre E3 2018 but then decided to spend the money to buy individual studios.

EspadaGrim said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

None of the studios that MS has bough have been by Hostile Takeover. Ninja, Inxile, Obsidian and DoubleFine were all funding games via Kickstarter being bought out was the best thing for them going forward.

I would rather they didn't buy these companies, but that is certainly better than they shutting the doors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."