By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All 42 Mega Drive/Genesis Mini revealed! Plus one more surprise!

BraLoD said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Great Mini console in every sense of the word.

Next stop, Master System Mini, please!

Would really dig that.

Master System was not really popular aside from some places like here so a lot of people could get to know it by a mini version.

I also loved the idea posted here to release more games with tower add-ons, so even if they do not make a master system mini they could make the Power Base Converter add-on and release like 20 master system games with it, to play on the mega drive mini.

That would also be really damn cool.

And the Master System had quite a long list of great games:

After Burner Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse Fantasy Zone Ghostbusters
Assault City Land of Illusion Golden Axe Marble Madness
Asterix Legend of Illusion Golden Axe Warrior Moonwalker
Bubble Bobble The Lucky Dime Caper Gain Ground Micro Machines
Chuck Rock Deep Duck Trouble Gauntlet New Zealand Story
Ninja Gaiden Psycho Fox Space Harrier (Get Ready! ) Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Out Run R-Type Speedball I+II: Brutal Deluxe Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap
Phantasy Star Rastan Super Off-Road Wonder Boy in Monster World
Prince of Persia Road Rash Sonic the Hedgehog Xenon II: Megablast
Pro Wrestling Shinobi Wonder boy Zool

Here, 40 of the best games for the Master System. Many of them are from Sega themselves, too, which would make it easier for the licenses.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 06 June 2019

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

And the Master System had quite a long list of great games:

After Burner Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse Fantasy Zone Ghostbusters
Assault City Land of Illusion Golden Axe Marble Madness
Asterix Legend of Illusion Golden Axe Warrior Moonwalker
Bubble Bobble The Lucky Dime Caper Gain Ground Micro Machines
Chuck Rock Deep Duck Trouble Gauntlet New Zealand Story
Ninja Gaiden Psycho Fox Space Harrier (Get Ready! ) Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Out Run R-Type Speedball I+II: Brutal Deluxe Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap
Phantasy Star Rastan Super Off-Road Wonder Boy in Monster World
Prince of Persia Road Rash Sonic the Hedgehog Xenon II: Megablast
Pro Wrestling Shinobi Wonder boy Zool

Here, 40 of the best games for the Master System. Many of them are from Sega themselves, too, which would make it easier for the licenses.

MS has a lot of good games.

Golden Axe definitely is not one of them, tho, lol.

The MS version is pretty bad, you could switch it for Streets of Rage, that's a way better 8-bit equivalent of a great Mega Drive game.

Sonic 2 is also pretty good, even if Sonic 1 is by far my favorite game on the whole system.

Fantasy Zone 2 is even better than 1. It's also my 2nd favorite of the system.

Dragon Crystal is a superb game nobody really talks about, try it if you didn't.

Super Monaco GP 2 is also pretty fun (even more for starring our beloved Ayrton Senna).

MS is a marvelous system, even if the NES has definitely more good games because they were exclusively locked, MS is the most underappreciated console of all time.

I left out Super Monaco GP (and any other racing game for that matter) due to potential licensing issues.

Didn't know there was a second Fantasy Zone on the System. And even a Spinoff!

Also, really had to look up Dragon Crystal, but looks intriguing. Reminds me playing Nethack Falcon's Eye

BraLoD said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I left out Super Monaco GP (and any other racing game for that matter) due to potential licensing issues.

Also, really had to look up Dragon Crystal, but looks intriguing. Reminds me playing Nethack Falcon's Eye

Fantasy Zone 2 might be the most beautiful 8-bit game ever. It's also really, really fun.

Dragon Crystal is a pretty hard roguelike, but I really like all about it. Give it some tries if you can (it'll take some time to understand it).

I was doing fine with Dragon Crystal on Game Gear (3DS version) till I ran into a big eye or something that insta killed me.  I was like what the hell do I do to beat that enemy or do I run away.

BraLoD said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Fantasy Zone 2 might be the most beautiful 8-bit game ever. It's also really, really fun.

Dragon Crystal is a pretty hard roguelike, but I really like all about it. Give it some tries if you can (it'll take some time to understand it).

sethnintendo said:
BraLoD said:

I was doing fine with Dragon Crystal on Game Gear (3DS version) till I ran into a big eye or something that insta killed me.  I was like what the hell do I do to beat that enemy or do I run away.

When looking up what that game was earlier today, I was looking a LP, explaining some of the ins and outs of it.

Too bad I don't have my SMS anymore (broke in an accident), otherwise I'd check if I could find it, there's a computing Bazar once a month in town with everything around PC and consoles, so chances are I'd find it there someday.

It won’t have shining force 2!?

Around the Network

Does it have a functional cartridge slot?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Does it have a functional cartridge slot?

At that size, the cartridges can't fit, so no.