By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 revealed for the Switch!

Nuvendil said:
linkink said:

This guy gets doom to run nearly 60fps on GPD2. seems like GDP 2 is a good step up from switch in terms of power. that's only with a bit of tweaking.

It's more different than more or less powerfull.  It has a superior CPU, but a vastly inferior GPU.  So some areas of performance are better, others worse.  They are similar in overall capabilities.  This doesn't however guarantee Witcher 3 is a thing.  

everything that I read so far points to GPD2 being more powerful. its brute forcing wolfenstien 2 and Doom, and runs better then switch. The device is way more expensive so it should be more powerful anyway.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Lryu222 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sG21EKGxw

Witcher 3 Switch footage.

Didn't know they were still making DS games.

Only if that could happen, will be very funny and amazing to see The Witcher 3 DS Edition

linkink said:
Nuvendil said:

It's more different than more or less powerfull.  It has a superior CPU, but a vastly inferior GPU.  So some areas of performance are better, others worse.  They are similar in overall capabilities.  This doesn't however guarantee Witcher 3 is a thing.  

everything that I read so far points to GPD2 being more powerful. its brute forcing wolfenstien 2 and Doom, and runs better then switch. The device is way more expensive so it should be more powerful anyway.

Double the price and it is pretty crap to be honest, they have a ryzen one in the making though.

Random_Matt said:
linkink said:

Double the price and it is pretty crap to be honest, they have a ryzen one in the making though.

Wow that should be a beast for handheld. 

HoangNhatAnh said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hello Hoang.

I was surprised that suddenly you talked to me.lol

I will talk with anyone i want, especially if that person think Hellblade and The Witcher 3 are the same case. I'm a Nintendo fan but also try to be a realistic guy, The Witcher 3 on Switch will be 240p/15fps undocked and 480p/20fps docked, even base ps4/xbox 1 struggled to maintain the 30fps  

Ah, I see.Thanks.

Around the Network
linkink said:
Nuvendil said:

The weakness is the Intel HD 615 graphics.  It's a lot less capable than the X1.  

The CPU side of things though will be a lot better, and it has some modest RAM advantages.  Also, the GPD Win 2 is running the PC version with all its assorted adjustable settings.  So settings can be fiddled with to play to the GPD Win's strength.  The Switch version is mostly fixed in place so what id and Panic Button chose to prioritize is what you get.  

I'm a big believer in the Switch being more capable than a lot of people think, but I just can't see it possibly handling a realtime version of Witcher 3, a demanding 8th gen open world game that can't hold 30fps even on PS4. This is like expecting the Vita to run Red Dead Redemption 1.

linkink said:
Random_Matt said:

Wow that should be a beast for handheld. 

Same as the smach Z, but probably be a bit cheaper.

Pre orders for the smach z are still going.

curl-6 said:

I'm a big believer in the Switch being more capable than a lot of people think, but I just can't see it possibly handling a realtime version of Witcher 3, a demanding 8th gen open world game that can't hold 30fps even on PS4. This is like expecting the Vita to run Red Dead Redemption 1.

It isn't quite that extreme, but it would be a massive undertaking.  It would require a lot more work than what Panic Button and the like usually do.  It would need actual asset rework going beyond texture resolution.  If you look at Dragon Quest XI S, you can see kind of an example of what would be needed.  The Switch version features a lot of newly created versions of various assets.  Of course, that doesn't address the CPU issues, which is the real challenge for an open world in the style of Witcher 3.  Which is where the game might be able to juuuuust about almost get by on the GPD Win 2 despite the glaring GPU deficiencies vs the Switch.

Nuvendil said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Can't you read chinese ?

They use simple kanji.

cycycychris said:

That's Chinese; for if its streaming. We have physical editions in China and France so far. Doubt they'd do a physical release on a streaming version. There is also the fact that there is yet any streaming outside of Japan. 

Ah, well that's what I get for not reading carefully and just checking the images :P

And no, I can read neither Japanese nor Chinese.  Both use Kanji so I simply mistook it for Japanese at a glance.

And yeah, I could imagine a physical box with a code for the streamed version.  They already sell empty boxes so why not?  But that wouldn't be the case in France though so that is an interesting additional piece of evidence 

Nuvendil said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Can't you read chinese ?

They use simple kanji.

cycycychris said:

That's Chinese; for if its streaming. We have physical editions in China and France so far. Doubt they'd do a physical release on a streaming version. There is also the fact that there is yet any streaming outside of Japan. 

Ah, well that's what I get for not reading carefully and just checking the images :P

And no, I can read neither Japanese nor Chinese.  Both use Kanji so I simply mistook it for Japanese at a glance.

And yeah, I could imagine a physical box with a code for the streamed version.  They already sell empty boxes so why not?  But that wouldn't be the case in France though so that is an interesting additional piece of evidence 

I can read Chinese, it is indeed Chinese. Its saying...

Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition
Nintendo Switch with the release this September. It also says its a single player game and in Chinese. It says 中文 so I dont know if its dubbed or just subbed. Subbed for sure.

It also says that this is the complete edition, including all of the DLC. It also mentions that that this is an Asian version that has Chinese included most likely subbed.

Last edited by Ashadelo - on 28 May 2019

我是广州人