By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 May 2019

No increase for xbox even with the cheaper smaller model launched?

Around the Network

To be expected for the Switch, as there was nothing really worthwhile releasing that week. The next week should have a small bump, with the Castlevania collection and AC III remastered.

Q1 FY2017 vs 2018 vs 2019

Pinkie_pie said:

It's not cheaper or smaller. It's quite easy to find bundles of the XBO S, a superior system, for less than what the SAD sells for. Also, the Xbox One S and Xbox One SAD are exactly the same size. Lazy design. There has been no hype for the SAD. It's been getting roundly slammed by fans and gaming sites alike. There's no reason for it to exist outside of functioning as a test product for MS. Basically, it's an inferior version of a product that hasn't been selling that great to begin with.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Pinkie_pie said:

Why would anyone expect some increase from that product launch? Normal One S is already cheaper than that. And the problem is that retailers won't even try to lower the prices on this model because they don't really have intention to sell it. Because stores focused on selling games have nothing in return for selling this digital only console. Actually, where I live only one store is selling it right now. And it is the biggest consumer electronics store. Stores that are focused on selling game discs decided not to sell this product.

COKTOE said:
Pinkie_pie said:

It's not cheaper or smaller. It's quite easy to find bundles of the XBO S, a superior system, for less than what the SAD sells for. Also, the Xbox One S and Xbox One SAD are exactly the same size. Lazy design. There has been no hype for the SAD. It's been getting roundly slammed by fans and gaming sites alike. There's no reason for it to exist outside of functioning as a test product for MS. Basically, it's an inferior version of a product that hasn't been selling that great to begin with.

Well, it's a bad test product because the data that MS will get from it's sales is not really showing a real demand for digital only console. The reason is of course the same pricing as normal One S.

Around the Network

NS still first, but its weekly lead on PS4 dropped to just 5k. Its domination in Japan is still overwhelming, though.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

With the drop in Japan next week, the ps4 should reclaim the 1st place, maybe for a couple of weeks.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
NS still first, but its weekly lead on PS4 dropped to just 5k. Its domination in Japan is still overwhelming, though.

I am still having doubt with the current domination of the PS4 in Europe. We had recently some Spanish hardware numbers which shows that Switch was dominating. I believe this is today the case in France (3rd favorite country for Nintendo), so it seems weird to me that PS4 still maintain this distance thanks to...Germany and ?..

a month ago in Budapest I have seen a sightseeing car, which was entirely covered with a SMBU advert. For the first time in 2019, I see in Szombathely (10th biggest town in Hungary where I live), Nintendo Switch bundle available the whole year, in 2017 and 2018 I could only see the console available in shops during December.

Ofcourse here SONY and Microsoft still dominate completly but something is happening with Nintendo. They are so low that multiplying by 2-3 their sales should be easy.

Pinkie_pie said:

Well that new model is a rip off and poorly priced sooooo...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

This seems like a calm before the storm with Mario Maker 2 right around the corner. Not bad for Sony or Nintendo considering how slow this time of year is and being year 6 for the PS4.

EDIT

Sorry for double post, totally forgot I made a post last night on this thread lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261