By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Genesis/Megadrive Mini is going to be the best mini-console ever made!

dx11332sega said:
konnichiwa said:

Honestly you should add Mega man the willy wars in the OP. That alone makes the $ worth it. It is an updated version of mega man I-III with bonus stages. And was only playable in NA on the sega channel. It is probably the rarest game on Megadrive and something hardly anyone played


Tetris Megadrive is rarest they only made 5 copies ?

Nah sega had no license for Tetris, and willy wars had no copies in NA except for imports.






Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
dx11332sega said:

Tetris Megadrive is rarest they only made 5 copies ?

Nah sega had no license for Tetris, and willy wars had no copies in NA except for imports.

But, My friend has a video about it ? it was yesterday :(



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Xxain said:
Medisti said:
It only took them how many tries to get it right? I'll wait for the reviews. They're put out too many of these with AT Games for me to trust without the final verdict

Just to inform you; they cancelled their partnership with AT Games for a home based partner just to keep closer tabs on the development.

Yes, I am very excited about SEGA mini. I was not initially because of AT games but after the announcement that they dropped them, M2 are are behind the ports/Emulation ANNNNND Yuzo Koshiro will be doing the sounds and music, they snagged me.

I'm aware, but that doesn't mean the quality of this will be any better until people have it in their hands and can judge for themselves. The PlayStation Classic should have been an easily slam dunk, too.



dx11332sega said:
konnichiwa said:

Nah sega had no license for Tetris, and willy wars had no copies in NA except for imports.

But, My friend has a video about it ? it was yesterday :(

Your friend probably also has Mario
 

Bootleg/illegal games ofcourse doesn't count.






Medisti said:
Xxain said:

Just to inform you; they cancelled their partnership with AT Games for a home based partner just to keep closer tabs on the development.

Yes, I am very excited about SEGA mini. I was not initially because of AT games but after the announcement that they dropped them, M2 are are behind the ports/Emulation ANNNNND Yuzo Koshiro will be doing the sounds and music, they snagged me.

I'm aware, but that doesn't mean the quality of this will be any better until people have it in their hands and can judge for themselves. The PlayStation Classic should have been an easily slam dunk, too.

But everybody knows that the PS Classic was a rushed attempt by SONY to jump on that bandwagon why it was hot. The Genesis Mini was suppose to be already out but they postponed it an entire year to completely overhaul it. That alone should give indication that SEGA is talking this seriously. 

Currently, SEGA mini has done the best at choosing games that represent what SEGA was about it. I'll say it again, M2 are doing the ports/emulation



Around the Network

The Wily Wars may have tipped me over the edge. I was a Nintendo gamer growing up but there's now enough on here for me to bite, I think.



Most of the titles so far are good, minus a few throwaways like Dr Robotnik and Sonic Spinball. Alex Kidd is lame but I get why it's there and I don't like Toejam and Earl at all but I know some people do. Street Fighter is also a complete waste because the controls on a 3 button pad are absurd.

But assuming everything is handled well with this I'll definitely be getting one, mostly because my Genesis doesn't work well and I like that games like Thunder Force 3, Bloodlines and Hard Corps are included. Also cool that they got the rights to the Disney games because I really like Castle of Illusion. Regarding the unannounced titles, obviously Phantasy Star 2 better be there along with Revenge of Shinobi and Sonic 3 but I'm hoping more obscure games like Mystic Defender and M.U.S.H.A. also make the cut.



Gotta have Alien Soldier!



Medisti said:
Xxain said:

Just to inform you; they cancelled their partnership with AT Games for a home based partner just to keep closer tabs on the development.

Yes, I am very excited about SEGA mini. I was not initially because of AT games but after the announcement that they dropped them, M2 are are behind the ports/Emulation ANNNNND Yuzo Koshiro will be doing the sounds and music, they snagged me.

I'm aware, but that doesn't mean the quality of this will be any better until people have it in their hands and can judge for themselves. The PlayStation Classic should have been an easily slam dunk, too.

The track records of AtGames and M2 are pretty well known.  M2's line of Sega Ages is full of reviews praising the emulation, sound, visual presentation/filter options of those Sega classics.  The PlayStation Classic should have been a slam dunk, yes.  But, at every turn, Sony revealed they cared for nothing more than dumping out a quick holiday cash grab onto the market.  The lackluster games list announcement, the announcement that half the games would be PAL versions, no scanlines or filter options for the user, etc.  This particular Sega Genesis mini doesn't have that vibe at all.  Quite the contrary, Sega yanking development of this mini away from AtGames and putting it in the capable hands of M2 is a pretty clear sign that their intention is to have the proper care put into this.



konnichiwa said:
dx11332sega said:

But, My friend has a video about it ? it was yesterday :(

Your friend probably also has Mario
 

Bootleg/illegal games ofcourse doesn't count.

He didn't count Mario . Do you think he added mario as the rarest game? mario seems rarer than tetris. And Tetris was real just not released to public of America Watch at 7:14 of video it was made in Japan I think?

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 20 May 2019

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.