By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony & Microsoft Announce Partnership For Gaming & Cloud Services

HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:
This actually makes allot of sense for Sony... Rather than invest Billions in building-out an expensive cloud service that will only be used by their gaming division... Leverage one of the big Three's (Google, Amazon, Microsoft) efforts instead who have done the hard work.

The cloud isn't getting any smaller... Plus this should relieve some pressures on their slower Playstation Network too.

We actually need another info on how Sony choose working with Microsoft instead of Amazon and other company. Hell even Google is not ot of the question either. All of the cloud company are great , it's still mind boggling how this partnership came and why Microsoft Azure? 

Likely price and capacity, plus just because Microsoft and Sony compete in one market, doesn't mean they can't work together in another.

Plus Microsoft has been working towards leveraging cloud in the console space, so they tend to have an experience-leg up over Google and Amazon in that aspect...

Microsoft might also have a ton of servers in geographical locations where Sony's customer bases are concentrated.

Need more information at either rate, which you are right about.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Sony: Walking like usual
Microsoft: (tsundere face)
Sony: So what?? hold my hand , don't be ashamed
Microsoft: Baka!! Baka!! (while holding Sony hand)

Nintendo: Nani the fuck !?

Man, that scene lol

I imagine Sony has purchased Microsoft's OS in the past and a lot of Sony's computers run on Windows.

It was only a matter of time. Sony needs a Cloud based network to compete with the big fish like Google etc.
Not sure why everyone is surprised about this as MS and Sony have worked together many times in the past since MS use to supply Sony Windows on Sony PCs etc.

HollyGamer said:
RolStoppable said:
Perhaps both companies are so scared of Google that they decided to team up.

It's like every anime plot, all race and country must unite to prepare for even bigger threat which is a powerful alien "Google Stadia"  

In Dragon Ball z when Raditz showed up Goku and Piccolo had no choice but to team up. Piccolo said it was just a temporary partnership this one time then back to enemies right after but, we know how that went.

Around the Network

Even Sony is joining the MS Train!!!
Welcome aboard!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Chicho said:
HollyGamer said:

It's like every anime plot, all race and country must unite to prepare for even bigger threat which is a powerful alien "Google Stadia"  

In Dragon Ball z when Raditz showed up Goku and Piccolo had no choice but to team up. Piccolo said it was just a temporary partnership this one time then back to enemies right after but, we know how that went.

Yeah. Piccolo ended up killing Goku.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
This actually makes allot of sense for Sony... Rather than invest Billions in building-out an expensive cloud service that will only be used by their gaming division... Leverage one of the big Three's (Google, Amazon, Microsoft) efforts instead who have done the hard work.

The cloud isn't getting any smaller... Plus this should relieve some pressures on their slower Playstation Network too.

Make sense.

twintail said:
HollyGamer said:

We actually need another info on how Sony choose working with Microsoft instead of Amazon and other company. Hell even Google is not ot of the question either. All of the cloud company are great , it's still mind boggling how this partnership came and why Microsoft Azure? 

Its called business. There's nothing mind boggling about it

I just want to know how Sony ended with Microsoft and why Microsoft agree , and what else does both gained beside the one that mentioned . From all possibilities and outcome , Microsoft could just reject because they trying to release their own cloud gaming service.

Because it's a big news, and considered as an event that affecting gaming era and history, as simple gamer, observer, gaming veteran,    i just curious. 

John2290 said:
HollyGamer said:
Sony: Walking like usual
Microsoft: (tsundere face)
Sony: So what?? hold my hand , don't be ashamed
Microsoft: Baka!! Baka!! (while holding Sony hand)

Nintendo: Nani the fuck !?

Can you translate that for me? If you don't mind.

in a short, it's like an anime about love parody, on how Microsoft  falling in love with Sony But Microsoft is a bit shy and acted like Microsoft hate Sony.